5.

Jody's POV

When Din told me he was sorry, I felt a weight lifted off of my shoulders.

I was so young having my son, so clueless on how to be a parent when I was pregnant with him because Din wasn't there. All those letters, all that ink, all that time spent trying to build the courage to tell this man about us having something so innocent and someone who needed us. I was hoping that he meant that.

Sorry was one of the many words I didn't really like. Because my parents told me sorry right after they gave my boy away and that was when I knew sorry was only genuine when it benefits someone else, not the person that was hurt.

I heard my phone.

The alarm blaring in my ear as the start of the Friday began. The sun was risen and I was ready to get my day started.

Two arms wrapped around me loosely, giving me the ability to move out of them and going to the bathroom to freshen up.

The guys was nice enough to give me a room with its own bathroom, and after a long plane trip from Canada to ATL I was able to wash off everything, literally and figuratively.

The pain.

The loss of a friend.

The secret I held for years...it was all washed away by a hot shower and some honey milk lotion.

Stepping out of the shower, I notice Din still sleeping in my bed.

We talked all night, giving each other the shoulder that we needed and wiped away each other's tears.

My whole thought process before I got here, was to tell Din about his son and maybe take myself back to Canada. But that wasn't the case at all. It didn't come out as me being an adult and sitting him down to talk, it came out when I was being angry and vindictive and petty.

I didn't have to say those things I said to him to provoke him, but he definitely did too much when it came to him calling me a bitch.

.....he apologized for that too.

It wasn't much for me to do, unless the guys had something in mind that day. But I did put on some clothes and slicked my hair back into a ponytail.

I brushed my teeth with my charcoal tooth paste.

Washed my face and did a little bit of skin care and I cleaned my mess, staring at the mirror with a bare face.

" Morning baby mama."

" Oh, shit!"

I was startled by Din's presence in the threshold of my bathroom. He laughed at my startled glare.

" Don't do that again Din, you scare the shit out of me."

" You hungry?"

" Hm, am I?" I asked playfully.

" Shit are you? With all that cry baby shit you were doing last night you probably built up an appetite."

Laughing, I gave one last look at myself in the mirror before leaving out the bathroom.

" I can eat."

" It's a waffle house not too far from here."

" Ugh, so ghetto. But I'm hungry and they got good food."

One thing that me and Din shared, was that we loved food. It wasn't a time or day where we went without it when we were around each other.

And as I sat right across from at a table, I held in my laughter, because it seemed as though he swallowed his food.