8.

Narrator

  The room was silent as Jody and her Lawyer sat in front of Mrs. Parker on the sofa.

  It was clear that she was going to go through with the steps to give Jody her son back, but it was also clear that she was also hesitant.

" Here are the documents that I drew up. All you have to do is sign and we can move forward with the legal process."

  Sam slid over the papers, to which Mrs. Parker frowned on them.

" What about the documents I gave you-

" Not real. Someone I suppose you hired, made bogus copies and I found some discrepancies. If you don't want any charges held against you we suggest signing those papers."

" This is unbelievable. And what if I say I don't want to? "

Sam puckered her lips. The look of concern on Jody's face, hoping that Sam had an answer to that. Jody heard some shuffling of some feet, noticing Din with Dylan and some of his clothes at the door.

" I find you quite interesting Mrs. Parker. See, I'm not just someone that handles children but I'm also someone that gets people off regarding crime. And you popped up as one of the main suspects in your husband's murder."

" I did nothing to my husband!" Mrs. Parker snapped.

" No! You didn't, but! As I read your file, back in my office as I was trying to get you off I've notice some...pills?" Sam mentioned, reminding Mrs. Parker of her mental health.

" I don't even remember you."

" You remember, but like I said Jody has a great chance in court so, either way it goes she's going to be able to obtain full and legal custody of her child. I am also a notary public. "

A breath of fresh air, swam into Jody's nostrils as she witnessed the horrid look of upset on Mrs. Parkers face. Mrs. Parker had to admit, she wasn't ready for this type of ambush. Now, if they would've went to court, she would had a chance to defend herself but this was it...it was time to let go.

Sam handed Mrs. Parker a pen and watched as the older woman twirled the  pen inbetween her fingers before hesitantly signing her signature on the documents.

The papers were soon signed by Jody and then stamped by Sam, signaling the agreement of custody being transferred to Jody.

Din couldn't keep the tears from welding up in his eyes. With those document's, he will be able to solely take care of his son without the eyes of the law looking over him.

Jody sighed, looking at Mrs. Parker who had the look of defeat. It was heart breaking to end things like this but, if Jody wanted a better start for her and her family, she needed to make things right.

Jody thanked Sam after leaving, knowing that everything was now accomplished for her child.

Jody's POV

" What do you think about marriage?"

I almost choked on my water. Dylans small hand tried patting my back to relieve my agony. Din just looked at me for an answer, his dark gazing eyes just staring at me.

" And h-how will that work?" I asked almost frightened by his suggestion.

" You don't want to marry me?" He smirked.

" There's nothing wrong with being married it's just....why is it coming up like-that?"

" To get you and my son a green card. It's way more easier that way instead of having to wait years."