1.

Present day

Jody's Pov

Yall know how that old saying goes,  Whatever is in the dark, will always come to light? That's what I've been trying to not to let happen.

After Din left, he kept his promise and we kept in touch for three months. Three months, after that he mustve changed his number and he fell off the face of the earth.

It was my last year in college, I had majored in Psychology and I was well on my way to walking down the isle. But unfortunately, I was across the world, on my laptop finishing my classes.

After I left my parents home from a situation I have yet to tell Din, I saw an opportunity to take the money he gave me and whatever I had left in my bank account and just left.

I was now in Spain, finishing the last of my studies, renting out an AirBNB for a weekend before I had to go back to Canada.

I had no friends, my parents barely speak to me and I was sharing a two bedroom apartment with a racist white bitch and her boyfriend that have a weird obsession with black women.

I looked through my photo gallery. Every gallery, every tree, every animal every building was all in there from my travels.

I make money by posting my whereabouts, and I loved what I do. At times, my mind wonders, and Din would be the first to come up. A tear would be shed but, he made up his mind and all I had to do was move past it.

I've been writing letters.

Since I wasn't able to keep in contact with Din and now his number was unreachable, everyday I would pick up a pin and paper and began writing. But I never sent them, too scared on if I should or not.

I even bought post cards, but I never sent those either. I wanted to stop, but something within just said to keep writing and eventually I would grow the courage to send them, in hopes of him sending them back.

Two days later

My mind wasn't it's own anymore.

When I got back to Canada, and looked at the apartment, it was a mess.

Weaponizing their incompetence was Sunny and her boyfriends plan whenever I left home.

I was always the one cleaning, buying things and even would cook meals. It was to the point of where I was simply tired and was looking for more apartments.

Although, my mother and father rarely speak to me, they still held guilt and made sure my expenses were paid for.

There were dirty dishes in the sink, garbage overfilled, the floors were sticky and unkempt and everything was out of place.

Plastic cups sat on the tables, letting me know that they must have had a few friends over.

Weed smoke filled the air, and as I opened up their cracked bedroom door they both were asleep. Tangled in one another.

I threw my fist at the door, startling them awake.

" Sunny!"

She rubbed her eyes, leaning out of her bed, her eyes low and red.

" What the fuck happened in here? I cleaned this place before I left!"

" Mmm, calm down. I'll clean it up!"

" You said that already! A few times even and never did it! This is my apartment! You are just the roommate!"

She rolled her eyes, really not giving a damn about what I had to say.