4.

Narrator

" Aight chat! She's coming on."

Jody's face showed in the camera, making Kai smile like a child.

" Hi." She simply said.

" Heeeeyyyy." Kai dragged as he blushed.

" So! Jody, what's up with you dissing my man's for so many years?"

Now, Kai knows the story. But he was an instigator and love stirring up shit to get an audience. He knew the reason why Jody and Din wasn't talking and he just wanted the full insight on her behalf.

" Who told you I dissed him?"

" Agent."

" Whose Agent?" Jody asked, trying to play dumb.

" Stop playing girl you know who Agent is."

" Din? Din Muktar?"

" That's what I said!" Kai retorted back with laughter.

" No, you said Agent. I don't know no Agent but I know a Din."

" Anyways! My boy Agent has been on edge and acting like a little bitch about this situation. And not gone lie my boy misses you."

On the other side of the house, Din couldn't help the cringe he felt having Kai speak for him. He looked on at his screen, just eyeballing his best friend he hasn't seen in so long.

The melanated beauty showed itself after so many years.

She looked like she didn't want to be there, but considering it was concerning Din she wanted to give and get clear insight on the whole situation. Giving Kai just the content he needed.

" So, yeah...he left leaving me behind after we graduated high school." Jody shrugged.

" Well, I gotta ask since we on the topic of making up-

" What?"

" Is there any chance that we could fly you out? I want to meet you, gang is curious and I know Agent don't have a problem. " Kai asked, his hopes really high.

Jody sighed, but, since she didn't have much else to keep her life entertaining but her career and deep down she missed her best friend, she nodded.

" Ok, but I don't want any of the interactions on camera. I'm already risking everything being on here with you."

" Ok, okay! Yall here that Chat! She said yes! Aight Jody I ain't gonna hold you up too much, imma let you go ok?"

Jody wasted no time getting off the stream, her heart thudding in her chest as she was now going to face everything she's been hiding.

She's been in such a dark place for so long when Din left that she had to find things to occupy her mind.

Two days later

Jody's pov

I smiled as I saw the familiar face.

Mrs. Parker has been my mother's nanny from when I was born all the way until I was 16. She was like a second mother to me and I couldn't thank her enough for everything she has done for me.

" Jody, how are you pretty girl." She hugged me, inviting me in her home as I had a small suitcase and a duffle bag.

She noticed it and scrunched up her face.

" Where are you going?"

" I'm going to be gone for a few days and I wanted to see Dylan before I left."