12.

Narrator

Din peaked his head in the bathroom, watching as Jody was getting ready for bed. She tied her hair up in a bun, putting on a silk scarf to keep it wrapped and fresh.

" Your photos came in the mail-

" Cool, I'll grab em."

" You still mad at me baby?"

Jody said nothing as she put on some moisturizer.

" I'm not Din, but I am disappointed. I warm up to your friends but you won't do it to mine and it's selfish."

" Atlanta is a whole different breed, if we were somewhere like...Chicago or back in Canada than yeah."

" Hm, ok. Well, you can be at the AMP house with Dylan and I'll be going to the event with Janice tomorrow night."

" Baby I'm sorry." Din apologized.

" Like I never heard that line before."

" If it means a lot to you I'll go." Din offered. Really hoping Jody would back out.

" No, Din. It's ok, you've done enough to make me happy. I'm a big girl, if anything goes wrong I'll let you know."

" It ain't about that. It's about not letting you down. So when is this shit anyway?"

" It's tomorrow at 8:30."

Din bit his lip with the anticipation of actually going to this event. He didn't trust it since Jody's friendship with Janice is still fresh.

" Din don't force yourself to be somewhere you dont want to be."

Jody left the bathroom with Din following her.

Jody loved the support but she dont want to seem like she is suffocating her man. He was too nice and she wanted him to somehow stand his ground because alot of times he was right.

-

Dins mother waisted no time taking Dylan for the night. She was a stay at home wife with enough time on her hands for her grandson. Safe to say she was happy to get Dylan.

The music blasted as the doors open. Jody and Din surprised they didn't hear any noise from the outside.

Red, blue, green and more colors bounced after the walls and different surfaces of the mansion they entered.

" Damn, this is...something. " Jody said, not knowing how to take everything in since she wasn't really familiar with what she was seeing.

" You guys made it!" Janice hugged Jody, and alongside her was her husband, Mason, who dapped Din.

" I thought you two weren't coming!" Janice yelled over the music, surprised to see the couple there.

" She talked me into it." Said Din, receiving a soft nudge from Jody.

" He's a punk, but you know me!" Jody said.

" Do you guys want drinks? It's on the house, everything paid for." Mason asked taking the couple towards the bar with a million and one liquor bottoms lining the interior.

" Can I have a Vodka and Cranberry? What are you having baby?" Jody asked, watching Din looking at the different varieties.

" Can I have a wine, I'm not a drinker." Din asked.

" Coming right up."

Jody looked at around the home. It was beautiful, very classy but had a very different vibe to it. Din just noticed people grinding on one another, mingling with differently strangers and he felt oddly uncomfortable.