Chapter 17 : The Medicine Demon

As the sun cast its golden hues across the tranquil landscape, Fang Duobing walked determinedly towards Baichuan Academy. He felt angry about the injustice done to innocent people. Even though he felt a little jealous that Di Feisheng was with Li Lianhua, he focused on his duty and ignored his personal feelings.

With a steady hand, Li Lianhua worked to treat Di Feisheng's locked meridian, his movements careful and precise. As he finished, he turned to make his escape, but before he could flee, Di Feisheng grabbed hold of him tightly.

"Where do you think you're going?" Di Feisheng's voice was firm as he pulled Li Lianhua and took him to the medicine demon. 

"Welcome, My Lord," the medicine demon bowed deeply, its voice resonating with an otherworldly echo. "What can I do for you?"

"Treat his bicha poison," Di Feisheng commanded, his voice cold and authoritative as he pushed Li Lianhua towards the demon.

The medicine demon approached Li Lianhua and gently placed its hand on his forehead, its eyes glowing with ancient wisdom as it checked his pulse. A deep sigh escaped its lips as it shook its head sadly. "He is far beyond the reach of conventional treatment," the demon murmured, its voice filled with a sense of regret.

Di Feisheng's eyes narrowed in frustration. "You cannot treat him?" he demanded, his tone tinged with anger.

The medicine demon's expression shifted with panic, realizing the gravity of the situation. "I have various treatments at my disposal," it hurriedly replied, darting into the depths of its chamber.

Moments later, the medicine demon returned with a bowl of steaming liquid, its aroma wafting through the air. With a solemn gesture, it placed the bowl in front of Li Lianhua, its ancient eyes filled with a glimmer of hope amidst the uncertainty that hung in the air.

"Drink it!" Di Feisheng's voice sliced through the air like a whip, commanding and authoritative. Reluctantly, Li Lianhua lifted the bowl to his lips and swallowed the medicine in one gulp.

Almost immediately, a wave of agony washed over him, searing through his veins like molten lava. His body tensed as his veins began to bulge beneath his skin, pulsating with an otherworldly energy. Despite the torment raging within him, Li Lianhua's face remained eerily calm, a mask of stoicism concealing the torment he endured.

Unbeknownst to Li Lianhua, on the other side, Fang Duobing was in his room when he suddenly collapsed to the ground, writhing in agony as if bearing the brunt of Li Lianhua's pain. His assistant rushed to his side, panic etched on his face, but upon inspection, the physician could find no trace of injury.

Confusion clouded the physician's features as Fang Duobing continued to cry out in silent agony, his efforts to suppress his screams evident in the contortion of his features. With each passing moment, the intensity of the pain only seemed to grow, threatening to overwhelm him entirely.

"This medicine should induce excruciating pain, as if your very veins are bursting. Why do you remain so calm?" Di Feisheng's voice was laced with disbelief, his gaze piercing as he sought an explanation from Li Lianhua.

Li Lianhua's eyes widened in shock, the realization dawning upon him like a sudden bolt of lightning. He understood now the source of Fang Duobing's suffering – the unbearable agony he had endured on behalf of Li Lianhua.

"These medicines are useless. Let me go," Li Lianhua insisted, his voice tinged with urgency as he struggled against Di Feisheng's grip. He could not bear the thought of Fang Duobing suffering in his place any longer.

But Di Feisheng's hold remained firm, his eyes narrowing with determination. "You will stay until the poison has been purged from your system," he declared, his voice unwavering as he maintained his grasp on Li Lianhua.

"Drink another bowl of medicine," Di Feisheng commanded, his voice cold and unwavering. Li Lianhua resisted, but before he could protest, Di Feisheng struck his acupressure points with precision, rendering him immobile. Helpless, Li Lianhua could only watch as Di Feisheng forced another bowl of medicine into his mouth.

"This is not working!" Di Feisheng's frustration boiled over as he turned to the medicine demon for answers. Desperation etched his features as he grasped for a solution to Li Lianhua's ailment.

The medicine demon, its ancient eyes gleaming with eerie wisdom, suggested a drastic course of action. "Throwing him into the poisonous snake pit might yield results," it offered, its voice echoing with an unsettling certainty.

Without hesitation, Di Feisheng seized Li Lianhua and hurled him into the snake pit, 

In the depths of the snake pit, Li Lianhua felt the sting of the serpents' venom as their fangs sank into his flesh. His body trembled with exhaustion, every breath a struggle against the overwhelming pain. Blood oozed from his mouth, a stark reminder of the torment he endured, as he fought to stay conscious amidst the darkness that threatened to engulf him.

Meanwhile, on the other side, Fang Duobing's body contorted with agony, his skin turning a sickly shade of blue as the pain wracked his entire being. With a guttural groan, he vomited blood, his breaths coming in ragged gasps as he fought against the agony that threatened to consume him.

The assistants, their faces etched with fear and despair, could only watch in horror as their masters suffered. Tears streamed down their cheeks as they feared the worst, their hearts heavy with dread at the thought of losing those they served so faithfully.

As Fang Duobing's eyes fluttered open, his assistant rushed to his side, relief evident in his eyes. "Master, you're awake! How do you feel?" he asked anxiously.

Fang Duobing managed a weak smile. "I am better now," he admitted, his voice hoarse from his ordeal. 

The assistant nodded, his expression grave. "We were so worried about you, Master. It was touch and go there for a while."

Fang Duobing's gaze drifted to the thread spell that connected him to Li Lianhua. A rush of relief flooded through Fang Duobing, "The thread spell is intact. Thank the heavens," he murmured, closing his eyes briefly in silent thanks.

With a deep breath, Fang Duobing pushed himself upright, determination shining in his eyes. "I need to check on Li Lianhua," he declared and as soon as he attempted to stand, weakness flooded through his limbs, causing him to stumble and collapse. Before he hit the ground, his assistant was there, quick to catch him and support him.

"Master, please, you must rest," the assistant urged, concern etched into his features as he gently guided Fang Duobing back onto the bed. "You're not yet strong enough to be on your feet."

Fang Duobing had no choice but to wait for his body to recover. "What about the person I told you to find about?" he asked, his voice weak with exhaustion.

"Ahh, yes," his assistant replied, immediately straightening up. "He is Di Feisheng. I asked the seniors around, and they were all shocked to hear that he's still alive."

Fang Duobing's heart skipped a beat at the mention of Di Feisheng's name. His mind raced with questions, his thoughts consumed by the possibility of danger lurking nearby. Was Li Lianhua in danger? Was Di Feisheng somehow involved in the events that had transpired?

As he attempted to rise once more, Fang Duobing's strength failed him, and he collapsed back onto the bed. His assistant rushed to his side, catching him before he hit the ground.

"Master, please," the assistant pleaded, his voice filled with concern. "You must rest. Your health is our priority right now."

To be continued...