Chapter 37: Di Feisheng says he is the father

"Are you okay?" Di Feisheng inquired as Fang Duobing regained consciousness.

Fang Duobing straightened up, confusion evident on his face. "What happened last night?" he asked.

"You fainted," Di Feisheng explained. "And, did you know you're pregnant? The Medicine Demon checked your pulse."

Fang Duobing flushed with embarrassment. "Yes, thanks to you," he replied sheepishly.

"I'm sorry, I didn't anticipate you'd be involved with someone," Di Feisheng remarked, his tone tinged with regret. Then, after a moment's pause, he asked, "Is this Li Xiangyi's child?"

Fang Duobing hesitated, unable to muster the courage to respond.

"Fine, if you don't want to tell me," Di Feisheng conceded, changing the subject. He then presented Fang Duobing with a box. "Here, as per our deal—the Yin Yang flower."

Fang Duobing's eyes widened in surprise and delight. "You finally found it?" he exclaimed, gratitude evident in his voice. However, his joy was tempered by the realization that Li Lianhua's condition was worsening.

"You're too weak. Should I send it to Sigu Sect myself?" Di Feisheng suggested, concern etched on his face. "But they won't believe me, so I'll take you there, and you can hand it to them. What do you say?"

Fang Duobing sighed wearily. "I think we have no other option," he conceded, resigned to the inevitable course of action.

As they sat in the horse carriage, the rhythmic clatter of hooves filling the air, Di Feisheng broke the silence with a heartfelt apology. "I am sorry. I should not have fed you the elixir," he admitted, his voice tinged with remorse. "I was so angry at the time. I apologize."

Fang Duobing's response was laced with bitterness. "You're sorry now?" he retorted, his tone sharp with frustration. "What good does your apology do now? It's too late for that."

Di Feisheng let out a rueful laugh, attempting to lighten the mood. "Haha... What do you want me to do? Should I marry you?" he quipped, though his attempt at humor fell flat in the tense atmosphere.

"I would rather die," Fang Duobing shot back, his words dripping with disdain as he rose to his feet, his resolve unwavering as he prepared to face the challenges ahead. With a final glance at Di Feisheng, he turned towards the carriage door, his determination driving him forward towards Sigu Sect.

As the carriage ascended the rugged mountain path, Fang Duobing and Di Feisheng finally arrived at the secluded home of Madam Qin, renowned for her mastery of herbal remedies and potions. Stepping out of the carriage, they were greeted by the serene beauty of the mountain surroundings, a stark contrast to the turmoil within Fang's heart.

Inside Madam Qin's humble abode, the air was thick with the scent of herbs and potions brewing. With a gentle smile, Madam Qin welcomed Fang Duobing, her wise eyes assessing him with keen insight.

"I have brought the Yin Yang flower," Fang Duobing announced, his voice tinged with a mixture of relief and anticipation as he presented the precious flower to Madam Qin.

Madam Qin's eyes sparkled with appreciation as she accepted the flower, her skilled hands expertly preparing it to create a potent potion. With practiced precision, she brewed the concoction, harnessing the flower's mystical properties to craft a remedy of unparalleled potency.

As the potion simmered, Madam Qin turned her attention to Fang Duobing, her gaze softening with compassion. "And what of the children?" she inquired gently, her voice filled with understanding.

Fang Duobing's heart clenched at the mention of his unborn children, but he met Madam Qin's gaze with unwavering resolve. "I will keep them," he affirmed, his voice steady despite the weight of his decision.