Chapter 22: Echoes of Love in the Lotus Tower

"Su Xiao Yong, what brings you here?" Fang Duobing asked, his tone cautious. "And were you eavesdropping?" he added, raising an accusing eyebrow.

"You and your detective skills," she teased, flashing a smile as she entered, carrying the food.

Su Xiao served food with a shy smile, secretly admiring Li Lianhua.

"Why are you here?" Fang Duobing asked, curiosity evident in his tone.

Su Xiao's cheeks flushed pink as she replied, "I wanted to learn cooking from Li Lianhua."

"Learning from Li Lianhua? Are you sure? I hate to break it to you, but he's a terrible cook," he warned, shaking his head in mock concern. "You might end up making dishes that even monsters won't eat!"

Li Lianhua chuckled nervously, realizing Fang Duobing's subtle attempt to dissuade Su Xiao. "Well, you heard him, Su Xiao. It's not for the faint of heart. Maybe it's best if you leave the culinary adventures to the experts," he said with a sheepish grin, hoping she'd take the hint and change her mind.

"I happen to know a way to secure an invitation from Yu Louchun," she said, a hint of mischief in her eyes.

Li Lianhua's eyebrows shot up in surprise, his curiosity piqued by Su Xiao's unexpected offer. "You... you know how to find Yu Louchun?" he stammered, impressed despite himself.

Beside him, Fang Duobing's eyes widened with astonishment, clearly not expecting this turn of events. "Well, well, well... Looks like we've got ourselves a little detective!" he remarked, a hint of admiration in his voice.

Su Xiao smirked, clearly enjoying the attention. "That's right. But every favor comes at a price, Li Lianhua," she said coyly, her gaze locking with his. "If you want my help, you'll have to agree to go on a date with me. Just one. Deal?"

Fang Duobing's cheeks turned a shade of pink as he looked away, feigning disinterest. "Ignore her, Li Lianhua," he muttered, clearing his throat. "She's just trying to take advantage of you."

Su Xiao crossed her arms, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Oh, come on, Fang Duobing. Don't be such a party pooper," she teased, shooting him a playful wink. "You should know better than anyone that a little adventure never hurt anyone."

Fang Duobing shifted uncomfortably in his seat, unable to come up with a witty response. Instead, he simply grumbled under his breath, shooting Su Xiao a playful glare.

Li Lianhua couldn't help but chuckle at their banter, feeling a sense of warmth amidst the unexpected turn of events. "Alright, Su Xiao," he conceded with a smile. "You've got yourself a deal. One date it is."

Li Lianhua's agreement seemed to slightly offend Fang Duobing, his expression shifting to that of an angry puppy as he quickly consumed his food.

Su Xiao grinned triumphantly, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "Yu Louchun seems to be interested in a rather unique couple, you know." She gestured subtly moving his finger from Li Lianhua to Fang Duobing like you two.

"What does this mean?" Fang Duobing asked bluntly, imitating her gesture. "Just say it clearly, what do you mean by 'unique couple'?"

Su Xiao sighed in exasperation, then blurted out, "He mostly invites gay couples."

"No way," Fang Duobing objected firmly.

"Then keep trying your luck with other methods," she retorted dismissively, "But if you're willing to give it a shot, head over to the Mountain Cafe House and put on a show as a couple. Who knows, it might just work."

"If you're not up for it, we'll figure out another plan," Li Lianhua assured, giving Fang Duobing a comforting pat on the back. "Let's just take it one step at a time."