Chapter 29: The Haunted Inn

As Fang Duobing, Li Lianhua, and Di Feisheng followed the map, they reached a riverbank. Suddenly, they were ambushed by an army of Jinyuan alliance led by Snow Master. 

"Attack!" Snow Master bellowed, and his army surged forward, descending upon Fang Duobing, Li Lianhua, and Di Feisheng with ferocious intensity.

As Di Feisheng stood protectively in front of Fang Duobing, he growled, "Stay back." Fang Duobing furrowed his brows in confusion, "What the hell are you saying? I know how to fight."

Di Feisheng turned around, his eyes softening as he gazed at Fang Duobing. "I can't bear to see you get hurt in front of me," he confessed, his voice filled with sincerity.

Fang Duobing rolled his eyes, feeling a mixture of irritation and amusement at Di Feisheng's cheesy lines. "Yeah, yeah, save the heroics for later," he muttered under his breath.

As the enemy advanced, Fang Duobing moved forward to join the fight, but Di Feisheng swiftly blocked his path. "No way, Fang Duobing," he insisted, his tone firm. "I won't let you endanger yourself. I'll handle this."

However, Fang Duobing couldn't help but feel frustrated. "Get aside, Di Feisheng!" he scolded, "I know how to handle myself in a fight!"

Fang Duobing, determined to fight, ignored his protests and joined the fray. However, as he raised his sword to strike, Di Feisheng unleashed a powerful wind attack that knocked all the enemies to the ground. Fang Duobing, frustrated that he didn't get a chance to showcase his skills, watched as his sword remained mid-air, unused.

"Come on!" Fang Duobing exclaimed, feeling irritated by Di Feisheng's overbearing protectiveness.

Li Lianhua, noticing Fang Duobing's frustration, approached him and placed a calming hand on his shoulder. "Let it go, Fang Duobing," he advised. "Just stay back for now. Let's examine the river. I have a feeling something isn't right."

Fang Duobing reluctantly agreed, casting one last glance at the battlefield before following Li Lianhua to investigate the river.

Meanwhile, Di Feisheng lifted Snow Master into the air, he choked out, "My Lord, I am Snow Master. You are the director of Jinyuan Alliance." Confusion clouded Di Feisheng's expression as he struggled to comprehend the words. "What are you saying?" he asked, his head throbbing at the mention of the Jinyuan Alliance.

Li Lianhua watched anxiously from a distance, fearing that Di Feisheng's memories might resurface at any moment. Suddenly, one of the army men launched three bomb shells at them. Reacting swiftly, the trio leaped into the river, narrowly escaping the explosions. Snow Master, bewildered by the sudden attack from his supposed lord, could only watch as they disappeared into the water.

As they emerged from the river, they found themselves in a secluded area behind the mountain. Di Feisheng, concerned, asked Fang Duobing if he was alright.

Fang Duobing, still irritated from the earlier encounter, responded with sarcasm. "No, I died terribly," he quipped, his tone dripping with annoyance.

Li Lianhua, exasperated by their banter, intervened. "Enough bickering, both of you," he scolded. "Let's focus on finding out where we are and how to get out of here."

As Fang Duobing praised Li Lianhua for his astuteness in discovering something beneath the river's surface, Di Feisheng suddenly winced in pain, clutching his head. Concerned, Li Lianhua rushed to his side.

"What's wrong, Fei?" Li Lianhua asked, his voice filled with worry.

Checking Di Feisheng's pulse, Li Lianhua's expression grew grave. "The poison is spreading rapidly," he informed them, his gaze shifting to Fang Duobing. "You have the power to suppress it. Please, help him."