Truths Revealed and Love Blossoms

The next day at Fikri Harika, everyone was busy running around preparing for some big events that were coming up. Sanem and Can were still avoiding each other, each still trying to figure out how to proceed.

Can was trying to decide how to reveal to Sanem that he was her Albatross so the wooing could begin. He had to win her heart over this new competition he had just found out about. It just didn't make sense that she was in love with someone for years but had this on again, off again relationship with Julian before she met Can. He had to get to the bottom of this. 

Grabbing his phone, he checked her Instagram page. Smiling as he scrolled through her pictures, he thought how truly beautiful she was. But there was no indication of anyone significant other than who he assumed was Julian as he was in several of her older photos. Can scoffed when he realized that he had briefly seen him at the anniversary party. Between his perfect memory and Cey Cey's description of him having had no beard, Can now knew for sure this was the man Sanem had expected that night.

He got a great sense of satisfaction as he thought of that beautiful kiss that was his and his alone that night. A stolen kiss in the dark. A deep sigh left his lips as he thought of it. Frowning at the picture of Julian, Can turned his phone over and reminded himself that Sanem had broken up with him so now all was fair in love and war. He didn't know who his other competition was but he wasn't going to walk away so easily.

But for now, he needed to concentrate on his job. Emre was returning today and he was elated to have his brother back where he belonged.

__________________

Sanem had made up her mind to talk to Can about what she learned from Coach Ferit but knew she had to wait for the right time. Having confessed everything to Leyla and then Cey Cey unexpectedly, she felt courage rise up. But first, she needed to find out why he was angry with her.

When Emre walked in, Can was the first to go to him with a hug and a welcome. Both brothers were smiling from ear to ear as their co-workers joined in welcoming him back.

Leyla, Sanem and Deren saw and heard the commotion and joined the group, happy to see Emre's return.

Leyla spoke first. Friends, we're so glad to have Emre back with us. He and Can were instrumental in helping our company with a challenging situation and we want to thank them properly, she said with a smile, joining the group as they applauded.

She knew she had to be discreet because they had decided to press charges but she also wanted to make it clear to the employees that Emre was above reproach.

Can and Sanem were sneaking glances at each other but neither made a move to speak. 

But when everyone had gone back to their desks, Sanem gathered her courage and quietly walked up to Can's desk. Surprised but elated, Can looked up expectantly.

Can, could you please come to my office for just a moment? I know you're busy but it will only take a moment, Sanem said as they locked eyes.

Of course, Sanem, Can answered. He took a deep breath in as he followed her.

Closing the door behind him, he stepped into the office, not sure what to expect. Sanem had walked towards her desk and stopped and turned around when he closed the door.

Can, I want to first apologize for what Cey Cey did with Fabri. I know you were forced to do things you didn't want to, she said, blushing at the implication.

Taking a step closer to her, Can asked with a deep low voice, What things did I not want to do, Sanem?

Had his voice suddenly gotten sexier? And was he looking at my lips? Sanem thought, trying not to faint.