Timetable

Calculus was hell for Mingyu today. He did, eventually, get a few things corrected in his assignment. Quite like he expected, he received a smug grin from Wonwoo the moment the professor pointed out his mistakes as he handed it back. As Mingyu was leaving class, Wonwoo glared at him.

"Such a kid-" Mingyu scoffs.

His next class was fun, since he had his best friends keep him company throughout. Kwon Soonyoung and Xu Minghao - both exchange students for the year, as clueless and new as Mingyu, had befriended the boy almost immediately. His mother was clearly not aware of the people he hung out with; she'd go berserk on him if the fact reached his house. Mingyu sadly had to keep his friendship low, not wanting to go through the trouble of explaining why he couldn't let many people know, although almost everyone did. He was Kim Mingyu, after all. Son of the richest solo entrepreneur of South Korea - Kim Minkyoung.

"Doesn't look like Calculus was fun, was it?" Minghao questions first thing as he slides into the seat next to Mingyu's. "Is it that obvious?" Mingyu looks sour, getting a nod in return.

"What did he do? I swear I'll punch the living daylights out of him-" Minghao growls. Mingyu could only shake his head miserably. "Don't. It's not worth it. I can't risk it, Hao, you know how my life is."

"Pretty depressing, not gonna lie Mingyu, I wouldn't want to be your mother's son." Soonyoung's voice revolves around the two boys' heads, as he settles in the chair beside Minghao - who glares at the new presence. "That's not nice-"

"As much as I hate to agree, he's right." Mingyu sighs.

"Is anyone of you signing up for the clubs today?" Soonyoung asks. Right, something Mingyu really looks forward to. "Yeah, I am." He answers.

"Oooh! Which one?"

"Theatre."

"Me too!" Minghao and Soonyoung exclaim at the same time. Mingyu grins at the prospect of getting to spend more time with his friends once, hopefully twice, a week.

"I just hope that-" Minghao struggles to find an apt word for none other that Wonwoo. "Me too, Hao." Soonyoung completes for him.

"He won't, he's too busy hooking up with anyone his eyes land on." Mingyu reassures himself, more than he meant it for his friends to calm down.

"You don't sound too sure yourself, Mingyu."

"I don't, but it doesn't hurt to hope, does it?"

"I guess not..."

Minghao and Soonyoung silence themselves just then, when Professor Choi enters the classroom, making all the girls shriek.

Mingyu snorts when he observes him fighting the urge to not cringe visibly. Minghao and Soonyoung snicker beside him as well.

"Good morning, everyone!" Professor booms.

Mingyu really likes Professor Choi, he might be Mingyu's favourite one, too. He's the only professor who really has a good idea of how unidealistic Jeon Wonwoo is, unlike how the rest of the staff paint him to be. Why, Professor Choi has even caught him on several occasions doing things he shouldn't be doing at university, and he's the only one who's able to see him through Mingyu's eyes.

"Good Morning, professor!" It's only the girls' high-pitched squeals that resonate inside the classroom, along with Mingyu and his friends' normal-toned voices, although theirs don't bounce off the walls.

Mingyu thinks he might as well talk to Professor about his club activity. Just to be on the safer side, in case his mother actually calls Pledis and inquires about it. Mingyu pushes his chair back, scraping it against the floor much to his annoyance, and walks to the front of the class to quickly let Professor know. "Good morning, professor," He says quietly. "May I have a talk regarding the club activities after class?"

"Sure, Mingyu. Meet me in the staff room later? You're free after this, aren't you?"

"Yes sir, thank you so much."

Professor smiles. "No problem, Mingyu. Now off you go, I have to start class."

Mingyu smiles and bows, and goes back to his seat. "What was that about?" Minghao nudges his side. "Club things, Hao."

"May I come in, sir?" Mingyu knocks on the staff's quarters' door. "Yes, Mingyu."

Mingyu bows yet again. "Speak away, Mingyu." Professor says.

"Yes sir. So, according to the flyers, club activities will take place twice a week, right?"

Professor nods, gesturing for Mingyu to continue. "Since you're aware about my issues, would it be possible for you, or any of my other professors, to tweak my timetable a bit, so that it seems that I have an extra class of whichever course on any of the days the clubs would be taking place?" Mingyu pleads.

By the rules set by his mother, Mingyu isn't allowed to involve himself too much in extracurriculars, because according to her, Mingyu needs to focus more on his courses to replace her just as efficiently when she steps out of the business. But of course, Mingyu would rather wash his car than spend most of his time buried in textbooks and theory.

"It would be a bit tricky, but I think I could get that done for you, Mingyu. You've been top of class ever since you joined, albeit late. But if the clubs turn out to strip you of your 'top student' title, I'm afraid your mother will have to know. Especially since she donates a huge amount for Pledis to keep running the way it does, I hope you're aware."

"Yes sir."

"Okay then. I'll hand you your new timetable to you by the end of this week. Clubs don't start until third week of October."

"Thank you so much for your help, sir."

Professor beams at him. "Anytime, Mingyu. You're the star student, of course, neck-to-neck with Jeon Wonwoo, but still excellent. I have high hopes from you, Mingyu."

"I won't let you down, sir." Mingyu bows, and carefully closes the door on his way out.

Much to his dismay, he comes across Wonwoo in the hallway just outside the staff's quarters. There's his signature conceited smile on his face. "Bribing the professors now, are we?"

The way Wonwoo triggers him angers Mingyu. Why does he get so worked up just by his words every time they leave his disgusting lips? Nevertheless, Mingyu lets something slip from his mouth. "I don't need to, Jeon, my mother probably donates Pledis an amount more than your entire family's worth." He grunts.

Wonwoo's eyes go bloodshot, a furious fire raging behind their cold gaze. He pulls Mingyu by his blazer. "Do not bring my family in this matter, Kim. Your soul won't find your body if you mention them ever again." He speaks through gritted teeth.

It's Mingyu's turn to give him a smug look. "Should have kept your mouth shut in the first place then, Jeon." He says cockily, delighted to have the upper hand this time.

He doesn't notice the way Wonwoo looks at him as he walks away, the latter could murder him with his bare hands if he were allowed to.

---

Again, I don't mind comments, corrections, or any feedback y'all could give me.