Duo

Mingyu

The last thing Mingyu expects at Pledis today, is everything but the situation he's stuck in. The moment he'd entered, he'd been pounced on by no one other than Wonwoo. Pounced as in quite literally, as the boy pinned him to the row of lockers in Mingyu's locker room, one hand fixing the back of his head to a locker by fisting his locks, while the other has a choking grip on Mingyu's neck.

Mingyu's first instinct was to knee Wonwoo in the gut so he leaves his throat alone. It works without much effort, since Mingyu's easily more muscular than a frail Wonwoo.

Wonwoo looks like his eyes alone could burn Mingyu to ashes, his hand still not having left the taller boy's hair. "What do you want Jeon? It's civil if you speak it out." Mingyu speaks through gritted teeth. He effortlessly pushes the other arm away from his head, making Wonwoo stumble backwards. 

Seems like Wonwoo didn't hear a single word Mingyu said, as he lurches forward and lands a stone-hard fist on Mingyu's cheek. That fucking hurt.

Despite being absolutely fucking clueless about the situation, Mingyu decides it's best if he leaves the raging Wonwoo alone to relieve all his anger on the lockers. Unfortunately, Wonwoo looks like he'd calculated his next move, and pulls Mingyu back immediately. Mingyu groans, he needs to visit the nurse to stop his jaw from hurting like hell.

To make things worse, just when Wonwoo raises his fist once more, the door to the locker room opens, and a fucking senior walks in for whatever reasons. What's he doing in the second years' locker room anyway?

"What's going on?" The senior's voice booms in the empty room. Wonwoo, seething and steam blowing from his ears, leaves Mingyu alone, and moves away like he did nothing. That, of course, doesn't miss the senior's eye, as he demands both boys follow him.

Fucking hell, Mingyu's life couldn't be any worse. He begrudgingly trails behind the senior out of the room, with Wonwoo right behind him. Mingyu swears he's burning holes in his skull from the back. To his horror, the senior stops in front of the principal's office, knocking on the door and then turning to the boys to flash a threatening smile. When there's a muffled 'Come in!' heard, he opens the door, and without letting the poor woman behind the desk breathe, begins narrating the whole incident. "I wouldn't be surprised if that," He points to the forming bruise on Mingyu's cheek, "was Mr. Jeon's doing." He informs.

Lucky for him, the senior can just bow and leave Mingyu and Wonwoo to be interrogated by the feared principal. That's exactly what he did, and that's when the woman's smile drops, her gaze shifting to the boys sat in front of her. Mrs. Kang gravely stares at both of them.

"Care to explain? I'm sure you both were aware such behaviour is far from tolerated at Pledis. You, Mr. Jeon, should have been especially careful, considering you're here on a scholarship." Mingyu reckons she meant it quite casually, not that being on a scholarship is a matter of shame in anyway. But he sees Wonwoo visibly cringe and shift in his seat; he looks like he's trying hard to not lash out and curse at the woman doing her job.

Mingyu expects Wonwoo to deny any allegations, push all of it on Mingyu, and wiggle his way out as he lands Mingyu in trouble. Turns out, he isn't that petty. His silence says it all. "And you, Mr. Kim. Shouldn't you have had the most basic sense to report this to someone immediately? Or are you so slow that you just let this," Mrs. Kang gestures to his cheek, "happen?"

"I'm sorry, I hadn't seen it coming."

"How does one not realise they're being punched on the face, Mr. Kim?"

Mingyu lowers his head, not having a response. He hears the elderly woman sigh deeply, as she taps her fingernails on the glass tabletop, probably deep in thought. "I've been putting it away for a while now, to be honest. Mr. Choi is aware of all your," She glares at the boys. "Shenanigans. He's informed me earlier, and I thought maybe, just maybe, your nineteen year-old brains would have the maturity to cut it out. It's a shame they apparently don't."

"I'm afraid if both of you both don't learn to work normally, if not as friends, I'll have to inform your parents of this misbehaviour." Mrs. Kang says after a few moments of silence. Mingyu's gut drops, he would hate if what he thinks is going to happen, actually does.

"I shall inform all your professors to set you both together for the time until your behaviour's are civil with each other. If I'm not mistaken, you both are already working as a duo in your club activities? If you can manage going without scratching each other's faces off for those three weekly hours, doing this for an extended time period shouldn't be a problem." She declares with a finality to her tone. Mingyu knows there's no way she would change her mind anymore.

Wonwoo suddenly gets up and bangs his fists on the table, making it tremble a bit. "YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME!" He yells. He immediately sits down when Mrs. Kang sends a sharp look his way. "And why not, Mr. Jeon? Your childishness is what's making me do this. It's your own fault."

Mingyu, on the other hand, sits through all of the conversation silently. Having to deal with Wonwoo, and actually having to interact with the boy for half of his classes?

Mingyu really thinks he shouldn't have been born to such a wealthy mother. If that wasn't the case, he'd be in some normal fucking university with normal fucking rules, where such incidents could have been overlooked, where he would have had friends, and finally, he wouldn't have to tolerate Jeon fucking Wonwoo.