Uneasy

Mingyu wouldn't ever like to divulge, but the fact that Jeon Wonwoo's slowly beginning to grow on him scares him, and makes him question himself. He finds it difficult to believe, especially when he doesn't even glance the blond boy's way. Mingyu often catches himself thinking about Wonwoo these days. He won't describe the fluttering feeling as pity, but Mingyu rather feels like he relates a lot to Wonwoo. It's something he could go without noticing, as the thought often leaves Mingyu disgruntled. 

Currently, Mingyu's busying himself in working some things out for Theatre. A rough script, to be precise. Him and a few other students had been selected to present a draft that would later be developed into a better script by Professor Lee and a bunch of students who had the potential of excelling at behind-the-scenes work instead of on-stage. It's nearing eleven at night, as Mingyu sits at his desk with his desktop glaring violently at him, a shared Google document open, and being edited back and forth by the group of buddies working on it.

It's frustrating to say the least, working individually without talking ideas out beforehand. Mingyu grunts and huffs through the in-built chat, as he tries to get everyone to discuss things civilly before making impulsive changes.

"Can we fucking calm down for a minute, first?" Types Mingyu.

Chaos dies down eventually, and several 'Okay's and 'Sure's flood the chat. 

"Thank you. We could now proceed to present ideas."

And it's hellfire once again. Mingyu attempts to keep up with the pace at which texts rain down in the little window, and he realises it's much easier to work with a number of brains that come up with exceptionally brilliant proposals.

"My personal favourites are Junghwan's and Dohoon's, what about everyone else?"

A few of them beg to differ. Most of them want to stick to their own ideas, making Mingyu suggest a combination with bits and pieces of everyone's plans. He gets a bunch of thumbs-ups, as a satisfied grin makes its way to his face.

The work for the day eventually wraps up at one fucking A.M., and Mingyu wants nothing but a comfortable sleep. Hopefully with a nice dream that doesn't leave him in another dimension for the next day. The desktop screen goes blank, and Mingyu tidies up his desk, before falling onto his bed.

He just wishes Professor Lee would like whatever the fuck they'd come up with in the past three and a half hours.

"There's no way Professor would allow a queer play." Chaeyeon looks dumbfounded, mouth hung open, as she returns Mingyu's phone back to him, after scrolling through the document he'd been on last night.

"Why not?"

"Well, not everyone's that open to it, are they?"

"I don't know, Professor Lee doesn't seem like the kind to disagree. I bet he only cares about a good play."

"There's that too, but..."

"It's fine, this was supposed to be a rough idea anyway."

Chaeyeon shrugs, going back to her energy bar set on the cafeteria table. "You don't seem well today?" Mingyu observes.

"Yeah, just a bad day, nothing else."

"Something happened with Hyewon?"

Chaeyeon simply nods. She looks miserable, and Mingyu's been noticing her glancing at her phone every two minutes, presumably for any notification from her girlfriend. "Your mother?"

The girl nods sadly. "Hm."

"Mine hasn't mentioned anything further, I'm glad."

"I wish my parents did that too."

"They'll eventually forget, I guess."

"Hm."

Chaeyeon suddenly lurches from her chair, eyes wide and fixated on her phone screen, startling Mingyu in the process. "Mingyu, I'll talk later? She's texted." Chaeyeon points at her phone.

Mingyu stands up as well, and lightly pats her back. "Go ahead. Don't fuck up."

Chaeyeon rolls her eyes, and leaves. Probably for the deck, Mingyu assumes.

Mingyu glances at the shiny Rolex wrapped around his wrist. It's almost time for class. So Mingyu grabs the few things he'd carried with him in the cafeteria, and walks outside to his classroom.

He would be getting the scores for another assessment today. Mingyu somehow doesn't care anymore, especially not about wanting to surpass Wonwoo yet again. It's just an assessment, professors give those several times a year. As long as his mother doesn't get sensitive about his grades, Mingyu wouldn't care.

As expected, Mingyu does end up topping the class once again. Having gotten used to a rude barb, or two, being thrown his away by Wonwoo, Mingyu waits for it to arrive again. Except it doesn't, and Mingyu realises even Wonwoo probably isn't bothered anymore. It washes over Mingyu as a huge relief, as he silently adds the sheet to his folder.

Mingyu eagerly waits for Calculus next. No special reason, he just likes Calculus. Bidding the current professor a quick goodbye, Mingyu moves out of the current classroom, walking to the one for Calculus.

He suddenly feels uneasy, he doesn't understand why. Seeing that the professor hasn't arrived yet, Mingyu drops his bag off at his desk and rushes to the bathroom to wash his face, thinking it might help.

Another unwanted surprise waits for him in the bathroom. He's met with the sight of a disoriented Wonwoo staring at himself in one of the mirrors above the sinks. If he's not mistaken, Wonwoo's crying, judging by the barely-audible sniffles and wheezes. His head snaps towards Mingyu the moment his footsteps stop at the sink on the very end of the row. If Wonwoo was looking desolate just seconds ago, he sure as hell doesn't as he sees Mingyu. He seethes at Mingyu minding his own business, yet Mingyu doesn't understand Wonwoo's need to use his stupid fucking mouth again. "Why are you so intrusive?" Wonwoo accuses, teeth grinding against each other.

"I was clearly minding my business. And I'll have you know I'm not intrusive. It's not nice to go around judging people for things they have no clue about." Mingyu answers, not even bothering to look up.

"You're one to talk about nice, Kim."

"I'm sorry? What have I ever done to you?"

"You've ruined my life ever since you joined Pledis, that's all."

"I would've asked you to elaborate on that, but," Mingyu checks the time. "We're getting late for Calculus, unless you don't care." He splashes his face with water, briskly exiting before Wonwoo could say anything else.

Gods, Mingyu would have slapped Wonwoo until he got some sense injected in his thick skull. Unfortunately, the action would do anything but that, and it would get Mingyu in trouble as well. All he could do was think about Wonwoo's words over and over again, until they drove him crazy.

What the fuck does Wonwoo go off about every single time?

---

To anyone who doesn't understand this last interaction, have you even been reading?