CHAPTER: 35 Date or Lunch?

"Master, can I help you with something?"

Joe, who was in tight spot from sometime from here and there, mustered up the courage and asked his master who was evaluating files.

He continued as he hadn't expected him to answer "You see master, I did quite a research and found that maybe the reason for your outburst might be something related to Dr. Wade because, ever since you returned from her place that morning, you are like this."

Kawan furrowed his eyebrows but still didn't answer him.

Seeing this reaction, he continued "And as far as I think, you might have proposed or something but got sorely rejected. Well, I did expected if from you. After all, I know you from quit some time and..."

"You surely are pretty much free these days aren't you?" said Kawan looking at him with an evil smirk.

"No! I mean, you see, who would accept this. You should have approached her gently, give her flowers, go on a few dates. You still can try it."

Joe, who was just going to be in trouble, blurted out what came to his mind. However, he didn't knew this would work.

Kawan paused and, Joe just needed that.

"Master..."

"I wasn't rejected" Kawan finally opened his mouth.

"What? Then, why are you upset?" asked Joe leaning towards him.

Kawan, who belatedly came to his senses, got furious at him "Shut up and get lost!"

Joe quieted down and went away because he knew that even a little more push after this can cost his life.

The distorted pieces of puzzle which were then hard for Zaidie to decipher, are now understandable as they have assembled themselves in that way.

Some of them are still missing and many of them are yet to decipher but, they appeared to be of less significance so, Zaidie is less concerned about them.

She currently is concentrating on the cases at hand. Her differentiation, the alien plants Seneo and Meneo and their relation with the hybrids and lastly, the invasion of Greymoss on Deepsea Research Lab. Dr. Dante Brecken can wait for now.

After skipping whole breakfast time coped up in her house in matters of Deepsea Research Lab after taking half a leave, Zaidie decided to have lunch at cafeteria and then start her day.

She departed from doctor's quarters and was heading towards the cafeteria but to her surprise, met Kawan on the way.

The most shocking thing there was, a bouquet of flowers was in his hands.

Those pink colored tulips were inordinate on his frame but the love they were delineating was deep, immense and unconditional towards her.

Kawan did a thorough research before deciding which flower to choose.
And, he chose the right.

Right after looking at him with those flowers, Zaidie face turned into the color of those flowers.

Kawan liked that.

Although he was told to wait, it doesn't mean he cannot meet her, gift her and go on a few dates with her.

Although Joe is garrulous, he sometimes does one or two things right.

Well, actually he does all of them right but to Kawan, they are very few.

Zaidie stammered "Mr. Wolfie..."

"I remember telling you to call me by my name." said Kawan jovially and handed her the flowers.

Right after looking at him, Zaidie got reminded of his confession and got flustered.

"I'll try" she said quietly.

"Do it now" said Kawan with smile.

"Can't I... Can't I do it later?"

"No, there is already a thing for later. Now, say my name."

Zaidie looked here and there but him. She was too embarrassed to look at him. Mustered up the courage and said meekly "K... Kawan."

"Good. Now, if you are free after this, shall we go somewhere out?" asked Kawan to ease her embarrassment and to come to the main point.

"I do have many things to do after lunch. Can't help with that" Zaidie replied.

Zaidie felt guilty for always refusing him, thought some time and suggested "Why don't we cook something together and eat. This won't take much time and thereafter, I can work also."

"Fine."

They both went to Kawan's place to cook.

Kawan handed over vegetables' washing and cutting to Zaidie which she messed up a little and, Kawan had to fix that.

They cooked their lunch with her messing, him restoring and laughter in between. Almost 70-80% work was done by Kawan.

This lunch was filed with lots of affection, love and joy.

After eating together, Kawan put the dishes aside and said "The rest, leave it for Joe."

"You even make him do housework" said Zaidie in amusement.

Kawan changed the topic "By the way, just why did you went out and came late that day?"

"I wanted to ask my friend about something and meet him. It's been quite sometime since we met." Zaidie replied.

"Ask him about what?"

Zaidie said after giving it a thought "About my research. We used to discuss when we were in college. And there were things which I have never heard, when I faced them, I had many questions to be answered so, I reached him."

"You should recruit some people for research department in upcoming year. It'll be much easier when multiple minds will work together" she requested.

"Mm" Kawan replied.

"Now its time for me to go."

"Bye... Kawan." Zaidie said hesitantly.

'Calling his name is a little awkward.'

"You have forgotten something" Kawan voiced out.

"What?" Zaidie asked.

"You forgot to give me a hug" said Kawan, mischievously.

Zaidie smiled and obediently went in his arms.

Kawan buried his face in her sweet scented neck. He wanted to remove her hairs from their and taste it but somehow, he is holding himself in.

Zaidie left.

'The things which she had never once heard of. I need to find them.' thought Kawan.

Next Update: Around 30April, 2024