Chapter 3

It was several days later, and Izzy had designed prototype 2-21. To combat the excess energy usage, they'd used their abilities with Nil energy to safely expel the extra energy in the form of a harmless fire that would come out from the top of the prototype's head, and additional less safe methods in the hands should the fire be rendered unusable. To fit with the aesthetic they'd chosen for this Nasric, the fire was released in such a way that just like the body, the fire would be various hues of blue and purple.

"I still don't understand why you often ignore the standard Nasric colour schemes," Citrine muttered, as she painted the prototype's serial number on the skirt section of the body.

"I like branching out when it comes to the prototypes. When we get the second generation mass produced, they'll follow a regular pattern," Izzy replied, examining the bright blue core they'd just created. "Another coloured core? I was sure these second generation cores were made of pure crystal."

"Not the first time that's happened though. 2-07 and 2-10, remember?"

"Yeah, I remember."

Citrine stared at her creator. "Given that none of those survived, do you not think you should maybe make another core?"

Izzy shook their head. "Every core has a living Nasric soul inside. They all deserve a chance."

"As you wish." Citrine finished painting the body, and opened it up, revealing the inner workings. "Do you have a name for her yet?"

"That's a good question... I could name her Heather like I wanted to do for 2-14 before she rejected it."

"I think 2-14 hates you enough as it is. Plus, you tried that name for 2-18 as well."

"Yeah, good point." Izzy picked up the prototype body, inspecting the paintwork. "Good job, as always. I really like this one's colour scheme, definitely my favourite so far."

"Does she need any paint on her arms or legs?"

"Hmm... no, I don't think so. She looks good with them just plain white."

"Then I believe she's ready."

Izzy carefully laid the prototype back on the table, and slowly placed the core in the opening, before quickly and securely fastening the two parts of the body together as the core connected to the inner mechanics. Different parts of the body began to activate, feeding information such as sight, sound and touch to the core, as the sentient energy within said core began to take control, slowly figuring out how to use it's new body. Meanwhile, another internal part fed the core the basics of language and other general knowledge. Izzy quickly grabbed a nearby crystal and placed it into the prototype's mouth, and sure enough, the crystal was immediately crushed and the energy within harnessed. As this happened, the top of the prototype's head burst into a bright purple flame with sky blue tips.

"Oh, this is interesting." Citrine looked back and forth between the newly born Nasric and the scanner she had picked up during the awakening process. "Everything seems to be working for once. Energy usage is predictably high, but the fire is doing it's job."

"Amazing!" Izzy exclaimed. "Let's just hope she can actually start moving and talking... I hope she doesn't end up like 2-07, being almost successful but failing at the last moment..."

Their worries were soon nullified, as seconds later, the prototype's eyes activated. The prototype then sat up, and looked around, before locking eyes with Citrine. "H... hello?"

"YES!" Izzy's excitement was immeasurable. "Fourth success!"

The prototype looked at Izzy, and as the core within slowly figured out how to display emotions, gave her a confused look.