Chapter 24

Seven watched closely as Azaleah went about packing for her trip to Pronio, while also staying out of her way. She was making mental notes of everything Azaleah packed. A dress, a pair of shoes, Layla's phone, some crystals for Addie, a hat, the list went on. Some of the things were beyond Seven's understanding as to why she had to take them, but chalked it up to her only being a day old.

After shuffling things around to make space for a sweater and leggings as another spare outfit, Azaleah looked up at Seven. "Do you want to help?"

"Uh... I'd rather watch, I think."

Azaleah shrugged, and started shuffling more stuff around to make more space. "How are you holding up without Josie?"

"It's... not as bad as I thought it'd be," Seven replied. "A little boring though. But she gets out of school at... what, four?"

"Yeah. School starts at ten and ends at four. You'll need to be there by the time she gets out, which means you'll leave here a bit before."

"Got it. I think I remember the way there..."

"Need me to come with you?"

Seven shook her head. "Imogen is going to take me there. She's Josie's friend's Nasric."

"Fair enough, I've met her too. I assume she brought you back earlier."

"Yup."

Azaleah continued making space, and once she had packed some food, she closed the bag. "And that's everything. Anything you want to do with Addie and I?"

Seven rose up from where she was sitting. "I'm not sure, since Addie doesn't like me."

"She'll get used to you, I'm sure. I think her attitude to you has already improved since she first found out about you."

"I... I guess? Maybe I'll look around..."

Azaleah nodded. "That makes sense. I'll be in my room with Addie if you need me."

"Alright."

As Azaleah headed upstairs, Seven quietly followed her, to check which room was hers. Once she knew, she headed into Josie's bedroom, and quickly found a backpack under the bed. Perfect. Next, she looked through the wardrobe, picking out a set of clothes she thought Josie would enjoy, and packing them into the backpack.

But then she had a thought: how was Josie going to get out of the house without being seen? She knew that Wren wouldn't allow her to leave, and she'd almost definitely get caught.

Seven pondered for several minutes, before getting an idea. The window. If she could make it so Josie could get through the window safely, then it'd be the perfect way out. Unfortunately, she wasn't quite sure on how to do that.

Until she opened the window, and looked into the back garden. There was a table, some chairs, a hose, and... something that Seven didn't quite recognise. She chose to investigate it, flying through the open window to get to it easily. Landing gently on it's surface, Seven was very surprised when it proved to not be solid, and she found herself struggling to keep her balance.

Whatever it was, she was struggling to find the right word to describe it. At least, until she decided to fly straight upwards, and let herself fall onto it. The word immediately became clear.

Bouncy. Now Seven knew what this was: a trampoline. The data drive she was created with only contained descriptions of many items, most with enough information to recognise them on sight, but there were exceptions.

It was perfect, but she needed to bring it over to below Josie's window. She tried to pull it, but it was heavy for a Nasric, and she barely got it to move a few centimetres. Maybe she'd ask Imogen to help later on.