The Crack Of Dawn

Earlier today I got note. Now that was pretty normal. But that however was the only normal thing about said note.

The first weird thing about this note was what it said. The second weird thing about this note was who it's from. And the third and probably weirdest thing about that note was what came directly after the person's name.

Harry,
I know this probably sounds insane and you probably won't come or even accept but I don't want us to fight anymore and I want to get to know you better, please meet me at the astronomy tower at 5am tomorrow morning (please tell me if you can't make it then and we can change the date but I'd like to keep the time if you don't mind.) Come alone and tell no one.

I'll be there if you show up or not. I'll see you later if you turn up, if you don't I understand and I'm sorry for how badly I've treated you and your friends.

Draco Malfoy xx

P.S. I will stab anyone who reads this and isn't Harry. :) x

And that's why it's 4:58am and I'm walking around Hogwarts under my invisibility cloak. Of course before I left I checked where Malfoy was and who was around him using the Marauders' Map because I wasn't sure if I could trust him but as he said he was in the astronomy tower and surprisingly, by himself.

As I approach I take my cloak off and put it away then cautiously walk up to where Draco wanted me.

"Potter, you came." Malfoy said from a corner of the tower, where he was curled up obviously trying to keep warm as it was rather chilly, he then moved his eyes back to the sky where he was looking before I came in. He sounded genuinely surprised that I came to meet him. And I don't know why but that makes me kinda sad for an unknown reason.

I walked over to the Slytherin and sat down next to him and looked out to the sky as well. "So..um...why did you want to meet me here, Malfoy?" I asked, quietly still looking at the horizon, the sun was just starting to come out.

"I wanted to apologise for being a dick to you and your friends and I want to know if you want to maybe be my friend." The blonde said looking at me with his eyes filled with guilt, regret and another emotion I couldn't quite place.

"Yeah, okay I guess, but why 5am at the astronomy tower?" I asked, shocked yet kind of amused that that was all he wanted to say when he had such specific instructions about coming.

He laughed a little to himself and smiled, "I'm always here at this time, I like watching the sun rise and this was probably the best time to talk to you because most people here are asleep."

I thought about this for a second, well that does explain why Malfoy has had black circles under his eyes due to lack of sleep for a while. "And is that the only reason you asked me to be here, Malfoy?"

He winces as I call him by his last name, "Please, call me Draco." I didn't ask why, I just nodded silently encouraging him to go on, but I guess we were sort of friends now so it made sense to call him Draco.

He looked like he was having an inwards battle as to how to answer my question. He sighed then said, "No that's not the only reason."

I made a motion for him to continue. He sighed again, "I need advice, see you came out a few weeks ago, so um how do I come out to my dad without getting unforgivables thrown at me?" He started crying as he said that.

I pulled the boy closer to me in a comforting kind of way before I spoke, "I don't know Draco but why don't you try come out to some other people first."

"O-okay," he stutters. "H-Harry I'm gay."

I hug him tighter and stroke his hair and we both look out to the sky again.

Okay I'm so sorry I'm pretty sure there are mistakes in this but I have no energy to read it over/edit it.

Also if you have a request for a one shot please tell me because I'm kind of running out of ideas..

~R