Chapter 2 - Sadness, Madness and a bit of Loneliness

Y/N’s POV

I don’t know how long I was in my bed. Notion of time escaped me. No matter when my friends came to see me to tell me I should get over Jack; they didn’t understand my relationship with him, they didn’t witness the little things he did to make me happy. I rolled around in my covers. My heart ached. I felt like it was the end of my world. It was. I didn’t want anyone else. I wanted Jack but after what he did to me, even if it was a drunken act, I couldn’t forgive him. He was well enough sober to know what he was doing. His eyes said it all. A nock on my door echoed through my apartment. I didn’t want to see anybody. I waited for my world to crash down around me and take me to its depths, slowly and soundlessly. I think that the person gave up and left since I didn’t hear anything.

Jack’s POV

Her apartment seemed dark, none of the lights were on and she didn’t answer the door. Then again, she might have known it was me and decided not to approach the door or come talk to me. I wish I could take it back. If I wanted to make things right, I think I should go see Finn, he’s been avoiding me since the incident. I wonder if he’s seen Y/N since New Years? I walked down the steps that led to her door and left, walking towards the heart of the city. She really liked this flat. We were both going to move into it in April. Tears filled my eyes at the thought. We would have started our lives together but I had to go fuck everything up and cheat on her. I’m such a lame excuse for a man. I texted Finn, asking him if he wanted to meet up at Starbucks in a couple minutes. He didn’t answer and I can’t say I wasn’t expecting this. Maybe what I had to do was leave them both breathe and calm down. I think it’d be better that before I went to talk to them, I had a clear mind and accepted what I did even if that meant acknowledging the fact that Y/N might never want to talk to me again. I headed back to mine and Finn’s house.

Finn’s POV

Jack had sent me a message to meet up at Starbucks. I ignored it since I was still worried about Y/N and I was peeved at him for doing that to her. He might not know it right now but she was slowly sinking into darkness. He didn’t seem like he wanted to help her out. He would rather care more about what he did. Sometimes I couldn’t believe we were brothers. He must be coming home soon and I didn’t feel like talking to him. I took my jumper and left the house, directing myself towards Y/N’s house. I think she’d need to be cheered up or else she’d sink further and further. Seeing her like this broke my heart and made me think that if I would have been quicker, I could have asked her out first, I could have been the one to love her and I would have never let this happen. But she chose Jack. Shut up. She would have said no. Stop talking. She loves Jack, why would she go out with you? “Will you shut up?!” I yelled, completely annoyed. The people on the street turned around to look at me. It was a voice in my head. It wasn’t real but I let it provoke me. Just because I’m in your head, it does not mean that I am not real. The voice spoke. It represented my inner thoughts and feelings. I walked away from the street as tears flooded my eyes. It was right. Completely right.