Chapter 18 - This Is Everything I Didn't Say

"Crap that scared me!" I swore, picking up a small metal beam that had fallen to the ground. "Damon? Damon, are you still there? Shit I lost my reception,"

I furthered myself into the alleyway, a short cut to my flat. I took my keys out of my purse, wondering how I could brake it to Damon. I know he knows that I can't get over Finn and that I won't. The poor guy... I hope he finds a girl that'll treat him right. I opened the door to find Sandra, Cole and Stacy pacing around my living room. At the sound of the door, all three heads whipped in my direction.

"Y/N!" they all exclaimed at once, seemingly relieved.

"Where were you?"" Damon's worried sick!""How are you holding up?" all of these questions were being fired in my direction and I couldn't answer them.

"Honey, are you OK?" Sandra asked, concern evident in her voice.

I shook my head, tears starting to fill my eyes, as I sat down.

"Stacy, get the ice cream; Cole, get the tea!" Sandra ordered, sitting down beside me and wrapping her arms protectively around my frame.

We talked about everything. From when I met Finn to when I started to go out with Jack, we talked and dissected my thoughts.

"I just don't understand why Finn would come here to see you, no offense!" Cole pondered, puzzled.

"I don't know either... Maybe-" I started a theory before being cut off.

"He came to apologize and ask for the both of you to start over," a voice, showing no sign of warmth, spoke from behind us.

"Damon, I-" I started to get up, wanting to explain everything to him.

"Y/N... It's fine, I've known since forever, just please give me some space," he tried to smile but I could see he was in pain.

He went upstairs before I could answer him. I followed him into my room where he was packing his things.

"Where are you going?" I asked, coming closer to him.

"Back to L.A., I'm going to figure out some things and take a bit of sunshine," he answered simply, looking for his belongings.

"Damon, I'm-"

"It's fine Y/N, I've known it since the beginning, since I met you I knew it would always be him." I could see the pain in his eyes but there was also a hint of happiness for what I could only guess was me.

"You're the best friend I've ever had, I love you," I smile, hugging him, a few tears falling from my eyes.

"I love you too," he hugged me back, tightly.

He finished packing, bringing his bags downstairs to where my three other friends were waiting. He had called a cab to take him to the airport. We all hugged him goodbye and I made him promise me to call when he landed. He left and I went back inside, talking with my friends. It was almost midnight when I got a call.

"Hello?" I answered, overlooking the caller ID.

"Y/N? It's Alfie, Finn's awake," I could barely register what he had said.

"I'll be right over," I hung up but instead of moving, I sunk to the ground.

He was awake. He's alive.

I announced to Stacy that I was going out and to not wait up for me. Sandra and Cole had already left about an hour before so she'd be alone for a while. I grabbed my coat and put on my boots, ready to head out. It was quiet considering we were in New York City but it was peaceful. I walked down the streets, not knowing what I was going to tell Finn when I saw him.

I could see the hospital now. I didn't have long to get there which meant that I'd see him soon.

The lobby was calm and quiet, the nurses working at the desk, filling out papers. I waved at one of them as I walked towards the elevator. With each second, my heart pounded more in my chest, a mix of emotions twirling around inside of me. The doors opened to the 3rd floor. Everything was quiet, white and clean. It seemed like a dream. I walked towards his room, a faint light filling the hall.

"Y/N!" A familiar voice called from behind me quietly.

"Jack, I-" I was cut off by his body engulfing mine.

"I'm sorry for the shit I gave you earlier, I'm sorry for blaming this on you, I just didn't know what to do and-" he rambled, guilt evident on his face.

"Jack, it's OK, I would have done the same," I reassured him, wanting to get to Finn quickly.

We walked the few feet that were left until we got to the door of his room. I stopped in my tracks, unable to move. Ican'tdothis. I turned to Jack, fear etched on my face. He smiled at me, reassuring me that things would be fine. He let me enter the empty room alone, giving me a moment with his brother. There he lay, his pale skin matching the sheets of the bed. I absorbed the sight of him, trying to remember all of the features I knew and loved.

"Y/N..." he mumbled in his sleep.

"I'm here, Finny. I'm right here," I smiled, sitting in the chair beside his bed, taking his hand. The feeling of warmth must have awaken him because I felt his hand tighten around mine.

"Y/N? Am I dreaming? I must be because sheisfar, farawayfromme. Shewalksinstarlightinanotherworld. Itwasjustadream. Doyouthinkshecouldhavelovedme?" his words were slurs, the medicine clouding his mind.

"You aren't dreaming, I am here, I am with you and I will never leave. I love you, Finn," I smiled, tears forming in the corner of my eyes.

"I love you too, I've loved you for so long,"

A/hope you liked this chapter and that it was less dramatic and more chill :3 the quote Finn says about her walking in starlight is from The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, and Kili saYS IT TO TAURIEL AND CAN'T MY HEART. So yeah, am not taking credit  for that beautiful quote. Ummm so do you think should end everything in the next chapter? If do, I'll start editing the rest of the story so it's more beautiful and can add things to make it better! so vote, comment and all that shit :) - Mel