Chapter 16 - Men are not prisoners of fate

A/N Ok so I'll make a speech at the end of this chapter I just want to warn that someone loses their shit in this and starts to swear like a maniac. So yeah. Warning. Enjoy :)

I walked slowly down the hall, the thought of being late for class not bothering me at all. The eerily clean floors reflected the fluorescent lights almost blinding me. What if I just left? I thought to myself. Jack always stole the spotlight, he was always the better twin. Everyone always overlooked me and compared me to my brother. I was tired of everything.

"Excuse me?" a small, shy voice broke me out of thought.

I turned around to see a girl, around my age. My first reflex was to look behind me, seen as I was almost always ignored. I faced back towards her, her eyes entrancing me.

"Uh... I'm new here and I just... I wanted to know if you could help me," she continued, obviously not sure if I wanted to hear what she had to say.

"Yeah, sure... how can I help?" I tried to clear my throat, getting a grip on myself.

She got closer to me, showing me her schedule. It turned out that we had all of the same classes.

This was the start of our friendship.

Sorta.

***

We walked through the hallway, awkward silence consuming us. Well... me. We had been assigned on a project together and we had barely spoken thus far. I strained to not look at her, trying not to be creepy. I needed to break the silence somehow before we got back to class. I could see our destination coming closer. We entered the room and grabbed the things we needed for the project. We stood on the side of the room, waiting to see if we could snatch anything from the pile. A few bottles of glitter glue later, we had made our way back to class. I had to speak.

"So what are we doing for this project?" I asked, looking at her from the corner of my eye.

"Weren't we doing yours and Will's idea?" she smiled at my effort to start a conversation for which I was grateful.

"Okay, I wasn't sure if we were still doing that!" I laughed, continuing our conversation.

We ended up taking the long way back to class, without noticing it, both of us joking about stuff and talking. We were getting to know each other.

This really was the start of our relationship.

***

It was almost the end of the year and Y/N and I were at my house, working on our English project.

"OH MY GOD IT'S ALMOST 4PM!" she practically shrieked in my ear as she raced to get the remote for the TV.

I looked at her, scared at the intensity of her actions.

"Y/N... what's at 4pm?" I asked, hesitant.

She turned slowly, a manic grin spreading across her face, looking at me.

"Criminal Minds," she sat on the couch, looking at the TV in awe.

For the next 2 hours, she sat still on the sofa, gasps and cries being the only sound she produced. I watched the show with her, slowly getting into it as well.

"So does Reid get kidnapped every episode?" I asked during a commercial which made her laugh.

"No not always, but recently he has," she smiled, appearing distraught.

From then it was a daily thing. We'd go to one of our houses and we'd watch the show, both of us as into it as the other.

***

Y/N's POV

Tears stained my face as I looked at Finn's still body. He lay in the hospital bed, deathly still but breathing.

"Finny, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry..." I sobbed into my hands. "It's all my fault, Finny I'm sorry. If it wasn't for me choosing Jack and leaving you and all that shit that happened," I could barely breathe, panic taking over my senses. 

"WHERE IS HE? WHERE IS MY BROTHER?" a shout made me jump, made me frightened.

I heard quick footsteps down the hall, approaching the room. Jack entered, a crazed looked in his eyes, looking for his twin. His eyes travelled from the bed-ridden boy to my sleepless eyes.

"You... YOU BITCH. YOU FUCKING DRAMATIC WHORE. I HATE YOU. YOU TOOK MY BROTHER AWAY FROM ME, YOU CAUSED ALL OF THIS SHIT IN OUR LIVES AND JUST GO TO HELL YOU FUCKING BITCH. DAMN YOU," Jack was beyond mad as he yelled in my face.

Tears fell from my eyes, each word stinging my aching heart. I slowly got up, making my way out of the room. It was my fault and I knew it. Why did I always have to ruin everything?

Jack's POV

I knew she had nothing to do with this. Finn's state was caused by the factor that he was at the wrong place at the wrong time. But he had gone out because of her. He wanted to make it up to her. That bitch. He's on the verge of death and where was she? Fucking her new prey? Ruining another life? I knew she had nothing to do with this but it felt good to blame someone.

Damian's POV

"This is the end," she whispered

bang

The line went dead and my heart sunk.

"You profile a disorganized psychopath," said Hotch slightly accusingly, aka one of the best lines ever OMFG. (To put you into context it's that he doesn't think his wife's sister can calm down his son and she proves him otherwise lol) As you've probs guessed, I have an obsession with Criminal Minds so I don't think you were surprised when 1. it was mentioned in this chapter and 2. Reid's quote is the title of this chapter. I also wanted to tell you guys that this show is also the other reason as to why you have that other chapter (15) It was the quote at the beginning of the show and I loved it as it represented something I've wanted to try to represent in this series... sorta... I don't know... Anyways I know I wanted to write more here but I forget cause I'm actually watching CM right now and I'm quite distracted haha

PS. Please comment and tell me what you like about this cause I literally have no idea where to go from here haha please help :p

PPS. Also I'm sorry for all the updates that are quite depressing about me... I don't know where to turn to most of the time and I know that the Internet likes to help people and idk... tell me if you find it annoying

PPPS. I'm sorry for all the drama and possible dying, CM is affecting me mentally 

PPPPS. I couldn't fit the whole quote in this title so heeeeeeeeeeeeey it's in the side girls-and-possible-guys :3

I love you all sooooooo much! - Mel

PPPPPS. LOOK AT MY BABY REID. I LOVE HIM SO MUCH.