Chapter 12 - Iris part 2

A/N: After 12000000 years I finally update!! I was thinking about this and I seriously the next chapter might be the last. Instead of making a sequel, I might do a prequel... but idk I'm still thinking about it! You people have waited enough so I'll shut up now so you can read! COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE. - Mel xx

PREVIOUSLY ON STAY:

“Because she’s married to my brother! How do you want me to see her every day, going back knowing that she’s married to my own brother?” He said, despair, creeping in his voice.

“But Finn… they never got married.”

___________________________________

Have you ever had that feeling of falling into a precipice? Nothing to catch you, just an empty fall, waiting for you to crash? I had been getting that feeling. Actually, I was still in the fall but this time, I could finally see the bottom. I could see where I would crash.

"What do you mean they never got married?" I asked, my heart dropping, disbelief washing over me. "Mate, didn't you listen to what she had to say?" Alfie asked, sitting on the sofa arm. I stood there in silence, not able to answer him nor look him in the eyes. "Finn, I've told you many times, but this time I mean it, you're an idiot." Alfie stated, sighing.

I paced around in my living room, not sure of what to do. She must be at the airport by now, waiting for her plane. She's going to London for about a day or two to see Jack and explain to him why she left... I'd never have time to get her back. I'd never even have the courage. "Alfie... Do you think I should go after her...?" I asked turning towards him. "I don't know, you messed up big time... Maybe you should distance yourself and rebuild your life stably, then go after her. It's worth a shot." He suggested. "But what if she doesn't love me anymore?" I ask, pain and fear gripping my heart. "Well, you took that risk when you let her leave..." Alfie patted my arm before leaving me with my thoughts. What had I done..?

I know I should have ran after her but that was too obvious wasn’t it? Run after the girl, kiss her, tell her you were wrong. Well it isn’t that simple in real life, it’s not like in the movies. You need to face the fear, the fear of getting rejected, the fear of missing her, not having the time to tell her you love her, the fear of messing it up, the fear that she comes back. There is so much fear in this thing you call love. It’s just like throwing yourself out into nothing. You might get a soft landing or you might crash.

I took Alfie’s advice and decided that I would get my life back in hand. I started by doing the things I loved. With Mykos, we headed out on a boat around greek islands while I filmed and took pictures. I made a channel where I would upload some vlogs about what I had been up to and I made a new twitter. The fans asked me many questions about where I had been but I would just answer them with ‘away’. I had been away. It was true, I had learnt a lot about myself and I built up my character.

I would sometimes get news from Alfie and Zoe about Y/N. She was indeed in New York City, she had talked to Jack and they were still friends but they were no longer together. Zoe had gone to visit her a couple weeks ago and apparently Y/N was doing good. She was the happiest she had been in a while. She made new friends, she had an art and fashion blog, she sometimes made videos with friends, she had been to LA recently where she met up with another youtuber that I didn’t really know… his name was Damon.