Chapter 12 - Iris part 1

A/N's I won't go on about how this is almost the end since I did that in the last update. I think this is going to be the cutest chapter I'm going to write. I hope you guys like it and I'm terribly sorry it's taken so long to update! I based this chapter on the song Iris as you've guessed from the tittle and it's because I'm listening to the cover in the side over there (check it out!) so I looked at the possible meanings and the chapter was created! Now onwards to the new chapter! - Mel xx

PS. this is very irrelevant but I'm sick AND I CAN'T BREATHE. lol sorry thought I'd tell you for some reason XD *trips on nothing and leaves awkwardly*

Alfie's POV

Loud bangs on the door tore me away from my state of dream. I got out of bed heading towards the door, trying to arrange my bed head while wiping the sleep out of my eyes to look presentable for whoever was making such a racket. I unlocked the door, opening it to find Y/N slumped, looking hopeless and sobbing in front of me. "Y/N, what happened?" I asked panicked, quickly making her enter the room. "Alfie, I..." She started before chocking up and crying again. I took her into my arms; trying to bring her comfort as I walked her to the little couch in the room, sat her down while Zoe, coming out of her room, made her a cup of tea. We sat down in silence, waiting for her to calm down and stop crying. She took big gulps of tea, burning her tongue, but she kept at it. "He's not coming home, Alfie. I'm sorry. I know how much you missed him but…" She whispered before starting to cry again. My heart sunk at the realization that something when she went there was terribly wrong. Finn was the reason for this. He’s such an idiot! He's been madly in love with the girl for years, since he met her in high school, even when his twin brother dated her and now, when she came to make things right with him, he wouldn't even listen to her. Anger filled inside my chest. "I booked a flight back to London, I'll explain everything clearly to Jack and then I think I'll leave for a bit." She stated, calming down, finishing the rest of her tea. "What do you mean you'll leave?" Zoe asked worriedly, rubbing the small of Y/N's back. "I got a scholarship from an art school in New York City and I think I'll except it. Get away from things." She explained, looking outside the window, her gaze far from here. "I should take my bags and head to the airport. I love you guys. I'll text you when I get in NYC." She said before getting up and leaving. She closed the door and I sprung to my feet. "Alfie! What are you doing?" Zoe asked confused. "I'm going to pay a little visit to Finn."

I banged on Finn’s door repeatedly before he opened it in surprise. His eyes replaced the surprise quickly with confusion then guilt. “How could you do this?” I asked, fuming. “Do what?” he asked trying to sound innocent. “You know damn well what I’m talking about!” I yelled at him, grabbing the front of his shirt, pinning him to the wall. “I’m sorry mate, I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He answered drily trying to get out of my grip. “Don’t fuck with me Finn!” I yelled pushing him back. “Fine! I let her go! I’m a fucking idiot! Is that what you wanted to hear?” Finn yelled back, letting his anger out. “I want to hear why you let her go, Finn! The number of nights you spent at my flat, depressed and not speaking to anyone, I deserve a fucking answer!” I bellowed. “Because she’s married to my brother! How do you want me to see her every day, going back knowing that she’s married to my own brother?” he said, despair, creeping in his voice.

“But Finn… they never got married.”