Five

I shoved my face back into my pillows. What was that dream? Fuck, it felt so real. From the lip connection to my hand sliding down his torso...

I was pulled from my fantasy by the door to the dorm slamming shut. I raised my face from the pillow to see Ray gone from the room.

"Damn it, Ray, you ass!" My voice slowly raised as I finished my sentence. I groaned, throwing my face into the pillow once again.

~Gerard's POV~

I yawned. My dreams had been full of how I imagined a warm summer and the unique voice of Frank. I smiled, pulling my blanket closer to my chest.

I knew I was beginning to wake up because I could hear Mikey strumming his bass across the room. It was a nice sound to wake up to.

Eventually I pushed my blanket away and began to stretch.

"Ah, good morning Mr. Way." I heard the strumming of Mikey's bass stop as he laughed. The floor creaked and I felt him grab one of my hands,placing, what I knew to be, my glasses in my hand.

"Thanks little bro." I yawned. Although I still didn't see the point of wearing sunglasses when I couldn't see the sun anyway. I slid them on and over my ears.

"Does that make me look pretty Mikey?"

"There's no fixing that face Gerard."

"Wow, okay. Rude."

"Whatever!"

I heard Mikey laugh and a grin of my own spread across my face. He could be such a dick sometimes. But hey, so could I. Seemed like a fair trade off.

"So...Can I ask you a favor?" I asked my brother sweetly, sitting up completely on my bed.

"No."

"Wow, someone was bit by the rude bug."

"What do you want Gerard?"

I paused for a minute before replying. "Could...Could you describe Frankie to me?"

I was met by silence. Finally I heard Mikey answer.

"I thought looks didn't matter to you?" He replyed with a question.

"They don't."

"Then why are you asking? You've almost never asked before..."

"Mikey, please." I brought out a pleading tone, "For once I'd like to know the face I'm talking to. You've seen him, just tell me, please?"

I was greeted by another pause. I bit my lip, worried Mikey would refuse. Or continue to question me further. I let out a sigh of relief when I heard him groan.

"Alriiiight! Where do I start?"

"Him." I shrugged.

"I swear, if you get this art degree somehow, don't become a police sketch artist."

"Well I don't know!.. Eyes?"

"Hazel."

Hazel. I tried to remember how the color was described to me.

"Hazel is a bit of a mixture of green and brown..." My mother said, her hand resting on my back as I sat next to her.

"Describe them to me momma?" I asked.

She thought for a minute. "Green is the color of life. Nature. The soft grass you feel beneath your toes, the fresh leaves on the trees that dance in the wind...That is green. Brown... Brown is the absence of life. It's the crunchy leaf you find in the colder months. It's the dirt you feel under your barefeet where grass isn't allowed to grow. It's the end of nature's life cycle... That is hazel in a way I suppose."

"That sounds beautiful." I felt myself smile.

That was when I was around nine or ten, and her description had still stuck with me. My mother may not have been able to describe most color to me, but hazel seemed like a color she knew very well.

"His hair?" Mikey asked, pulling me from my daydream.

"Sure. Is it black?"

"Nail on the head! Is that because you remembered I called him punkie?"

I laughed, "might be Mikey, might be...Did he have any tattoos?"

"Oh yea, covered."

The idea sent shivers down my spine. A 'punkie' boy covered in small bits of art covering what I assumed just his arms and legs. I couldn't even begin to imagine them. I didn't want to ask Mikey, I fear of sounding a bit stalkerish. Also, upon last nights meeting, he seemed pretty distracted by that Pete he had met.

"Short?" I asked finally.

"Definitely shorter than you and me." I heard Mikey laugh, "Don't worry bro, you've got height working in your favor."

"What's that suppose to mean?" I questioned.

"Oh please, Gerard." I could picture Mikey rolling his eyes at me, "You're crushing so hard!"

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Am not!!"

"Gerard, you bullshit liar!" I heard the floor creak as Mikey stood, "Appearance has never been big of an issue for you. 'Never really mattered' you always said. Remember Lindsey back in grade school? You always bugged me about her cuz you had a crush, and the cycle is repeating right here with this Frank guy!"

I opened my mouth to speak, but shut it again.

This asshole having to have a great memory to taunt me. I remembered that crush. She was absolutely lovely, a voice like sweets and various treats I enjoyed as a child. But she moved and that was the end of that fairy tale romance of the pretty girl taking care of the blind boy. I hadn't really been interested in anyone after her...Until Frank. His voice was my new sweets and various treats. It rang just right in my ears when I heard it. Even his name. I liked it. I felt like it suited him.

"And what if you're right?" I finally spoke.

"I think you owe me an apology, you mean older brother you."

"Oh, did I shatter poor Mikey's feelings?"

"Screw you! You know what? How about you hang out with Frank while I get some study time with Pete?"

I grinned at his idea. "No fucking on the first date."

"Same goes for you."

"No chance I'll give you any promises."