Twenty Four

~Gerard's POV~

I was woken up by Frank's arms retracting from my side. I kept my eyes closed, not really feeling up to being awake yet. Last night was very sweet. We opened the presents, ate a nice and filling meal, and then got to have some fun back in Frank's room.

I felt a kiss be placed lightly on my forehead.

"Back in a second, sunshine." Frank mumbled in his scraggly morning voice.

I smiled just slightly. His morning voice was something I looked forward to when we slept together. His voice and the protective way he held onto me throughout the night.

I heard his footsteps creek across the floor as well as the sound of his doorknob being turned. He must of been slipping out for the bathroom then. I just stayed nice and toasty in the blankets.

We were going home tonight. Well, by home I mean back to school... By Frank's definition, I mean hell.

I liked parts of school... The slight freedom it allowed... The library where I met Frank...

"Can't someone else do it?" I was pulled from my thoughts at the sound of Frank's voice.

"Your uncle left last night over that girl he brought over and Gran's too old. Please Frank, I know you hate it, but for me?"

There was silence. Then a sigh. "Alright... For you, mom." Frank agreed to whatever had been asked of him.

A few seconds later, his door squeaked back open and his footsteps came across the floor towards the bed.

"I know you're awake..." I heard him mumble as he walked past me. I just smiled, keeping my eyes closed.

"How could you ever tell?" I asked softly, pulling the blankets closer.

He just laughed from behind me. "Your facial queues..." He said in a nonchalant tone, "It's different when you're asleep compared to when you're awake."

"Wow. Do you watch me sleep? Fucking creeper." I teased. His response was pulling at the blankets I had wrapped myself in. I laughed loudly, feeling myself get tugged to the other side of the empty bed. I rolled onto my back and I let my eyes open, even though it didn't make much difference to me. Frank let out a laugh of his own.

"Beautiful..." He mused. I felt like he was close. I could feel his breath before I felt his lips press against mine. He was soft, simply letting our lips move in a slow sync as he leaned over me from what I could presume. He was slow to pull away. It seemed like he let his lips linger with mine as long as he could.

"I've got to shovel the snow..." He said with frustration laced in his voice.

"You're favorite part about the stuff."

"I don't even want to talk to you right now."

"What's the matter Frank? Seems like you really need to chill."

"Holy fuck you suck."

"I did last night."

Frank couldn't even reply because of how hard he was laughing. I loved being able to do this to him. His laugh was one of my favorite sounds. It was like a blessing to my working senses. When he was next to me, I could feel how his stomach would quickly rise and fall with his sharp intakes of breath. Or how it would only change his breathing pattern just slightly with some giggles. It always filled my ears, making me want to laugh too. I loved that about Frank...

"You're unreal." He giggled, reaching the end of his laughter.

"I mean, I'm not wrong." I shrugged, leaning on my side once again. This time, facing the direction his voice came from.