Twenty Six

~Frank's POV~

"I don't care that the old bat is turning another year older, mom, I don't want to go to her pity party."

"Frank, please, it's just for the weekend. If that."

I was walking back and forth across my room while my phone was pressed against my ear. It was my grandma's birthday. I never liked to celebrate the way she cheated death each year anyway, but after what she did to Gerard, I really didn't want to celebrate. I would of much preferred to stay on campus with Gerard and maybe go get some crappy campus coffee. The only reason I was even considering going was because of my mom.

"I seriously doubt she wants to see me after that mess at Christmas." I sighed, leaning against the back of the door.

"Your baby misses you."

"Don't you bribe me with Sweet Pea!"

"Frank, your dad is off on the road again and your uncle is off god knows where. Just one day, Frank, please." My mom was practically begging.

I sighed, knowing how she didn't want to be there alone. I wouldn't want that either. I scratched the back of my head and looked down.

"So...Sweet Pea is really missing me, hu?" I asked.

I heard my mom laugh. "Yes, hun. I think she could use a hug."

I felt a smile tug at my lips. "Tell her I'll be there soon, then. Just to see her... I'll see you this weekend, mom."

"Thank you, hun! I'll see you soon, I love you."

"Bye, mom." I hung up the phone and let out a breath of air. Well... There went my weekend plans...

I tossed my phone over to the bed and just groaned. I was going to step away from the door when it got pushed open, sending me flying to the floor.

"Just a minute!" Ray laughed. He stepped around the door and stopped. "How's the weather down there?"

"Have I told you how much I hate you today?" I groaned, beginning to push myself up from the floor.

He laughed, "Not today, no." He grabbed up under my arm and helped me to my feet. I shoved him slightly and walked over to my bed.

"You look like hell. I mean, I know you just got hit by a door, but still." Ray said as he rummaged around his side of the room for something.

"My weekend is going to consist of disapproval." I said while lazily leaning across the bed to grab my shoes from the floor.

Ray nodded. "Ah, Gran's birthday, isn't it?"

"Hey, you remembered!" I laughed, "Feel like going in my place?"

"No way in hell would I deny your grandmother of seeing you." He replied sarcastically before letting out a cry of success. I looked over in enough time to see him slip a small square in his pocket.

"Looks like you got the girl." I commented, slipping my shoes on my feet.

"Just a precaution." He shrugged, grabbing something else from his side of the room.

"Just always remember, make sure your sausage is cased before it goes to market." I smirked.

Ray rolled his eyes, throwing a sock at me. "Alright, mom. As long as you remember your own advice."

I shrugged. "Always. At least I don't have pregnancy on the line."

"Have fun in hell this weekend." Ray said loudly, already walking over and opening the door to leave.