Twenty Three

~Frank's POV~

"Tell her I'll be sure to visit as soon as possible." Gerard spoke to Mikey while holding my arm tightly. We were once again at the snowy bus stop.

Mikey was standing with Pete, who was tugging at strings of his fur laced cap. He bounced on his heels, looking at the taller boy.

"You're going to be the one to answer to her." Mikey laughed with a nod, "I'll set up a Skype call for you."

"Thanks little brother." Gerard said sweetly.

"No problem, big brother." Mikey rolled his eyes.

He was taking Pete home with him, while I was taking Gerard home with me. I had really tried to convince Gerard to go to his house for Christmas after we had talked for a bit the day I ran over pantless... But Gerard felt it was unfair to keep me from my family...

I really should of considered my offer better... But these kinds of things slip your mind when you're trying to hide your naked legs from the public...

"So, you sure I can't convince you to go home?" I asked Gerard softly.

He held my arm a bit tighter and smiled. "Nervous, babe?" He asked.

I let out a nervous laugh, scratching the back of my head. I didn't really want to see my family...

"Don't you have a dog to introduce me to?" Gerard asked after my lack of response.

"Sweet Pea!" I perked up immediately. She was one thing I really missed at thanksgiving. I loved that ancient dog.

"There's your happy." Gerard smiled.

We waited a few more minutes while talking to Mikey and Pete before our buses showed up.

"Be sure to pull him under some mistletoe, Mikey." Gerard teased.

"Shut up!"

"Your mom does mistletoe? Fucking score."

"Pete."

I was hesitant to get on the bus with Gerard. It wasn't my immediate family I was too worried about... It was those once a year Christmas kind of guests...

---

"So your mom's picking us up from the bus stop?" Gerard asked as the metal contraption came to our final stop. I replied with a soft 'mm-hm' noise, grabbing our bags from the overhead compartment. I was starting to feel a bit queezy to be honest. Other relatives had to be arriving soon if they weren't already.

I carefully led Gerard off the bus and pulled him to the covered waiting area. He started working on unfolding his cane while I got out my phone. I was just going to text my mom when a message from her appeared.

Be there in a few minutes, got caught in some traffic
-mom

That answers that. I looked back over at Gerard. He was tapping the cement with his cane in a soft, melodic pattern.

"Whatchya thinking about?" I asked, nudging his arm.

He laughed lightly. "Just about when I was a young boy and could still see... I can just faintly remember going to a parade and hearing the beat of a marching band... I went with dad, cuz Mikey was too little..." He shrugged, holding out his hand, which I took.

"Sounds like one hell of a parade." I commented lowly.

He nodded with a sigh. "Yea... It was."

He stepped closer to me and leaned his head on my shoulder. I put my arm around him and kissed his head. He hummed softly as we stood waiting for our ride. It didn't take too long.