Twenty One

~Gerard's POV~

"Siri, has Frank replied to my text yet?"

"I am sorry, your contact, Frank xo, has not replied to your message."

I sighed and rolled onto my stomach. I hadn't seen him in a few days. I didn't want to seem clingy, but a simple text would be nice...

I listened for the 'ding' of my phone to tell me Frank hadn't completely forgotten about me... I missed him. Some random guy I would never have met if Mikey hadn't of taken me to the library at just the right time... And if I hadn't of wandered over to just the right place...

"Siri, can you do anything to help me?" I asked lowly, not bothering to actually hold the button that Mikey had previously guided my hand to, to let me be slightly self sufficient.

Mikey wasn't even here at the moment... He was out with Pete, seeing as it was a Saturday. I was left here in the dark, just laying on my bed.

I must have eventually drifted to sleep, because the next thing I knew, I could hear Mikey & Pete's voice in the room.

"Aah! He stirs." I heard Mikey laugh.

"Shit! I thought he was dead for a second." I heard Pete gasp.

"When he sleeps, he's dead to the world." Mikey laughed again. I heard a soft popping sound, assuming it was one of them kissing the other.

"I'm only dead inside..." I mumbled, tugging my blanket over my head.

"Woah, something is wrong." Mikey's tone changed from laughing to concern. I heard footsteps cross the room, then the bed sink slightly by my mid torso.

"Nothing is wrong..." I trailed off.

"You're a terrible liar, big brother." Mikey said simply, ripping my blanket off. "Spill."

I said nothing, earning a sigh from my brother.

"Gerard, I want to help, but you can't just shut me out... Listen, I have actual studying to do with Pete for finals, so we're going to be at the café. Do you want to come?"

I shook my head, staying quiet. I didn't want to be a third wheel... Even if I would be blind to whatever they were doing. Mikey just sighed again.

"If it's Frank, we'll talk when I get back." He said lowly. The bed rose as he stood. His footsteps crossed the room, combining with another set of footsteps before I heard the door open and close.

I was alone again.

I just laid in my darkness for awhile, just trying to keep my mind blank... But I couldn't help but let my thoughts drift to Frank. Why was he ignoring me? It was probably nothing, but what if my eyes just... Turned him off from me?.. It wasn't long after that incident that he suddenly stopped communicating with me... What if it was just me in general?

Who wants to take care of a blind person for the rest of their life? Mikey hated it! It was so easy to tell... After coming here with me, he got so little freedom... It would have been even less so if Frank hadn't of been there to spend all that time with me...

And we were back to Frank.

Maybe if I had siri send him a message, he'd see it... I hoped?..

I began to pat around my bed sheets for my phone, but to no avail. Why would he want to message me now, after absolutely nothing for almost over a week?.. I held my arms close to my chest, trying to fight back the tears that threatened to spill from my eyes.

It was probably nothing... But the possibility of it being something was eating away at me inside. I wanted to cry, throw up, and scream all at the same time to try and make myself feel less sick to my stomach. Why was this eating away at me so bad? I had previous crushes or dates that ended badly, but never affected me like this.

Why was Frank so special?..

Why was he affecting me differently?..

I was laying in the silence of my mind when the thought ran through. Because you've fallen. Hopelessly. Madly. Stupidly. You've fallen for the boy from the library.

I shook my head slightly. Maybe I had fallen, but it didn't seem that Frank had...

Or even worse.

I had fallen in, whereas Frank had fallen out.

That thought may have hurt the worst.

~Frank's POV~

I was woken up by a book getting thrown at my face.

"Fucking shitbags..." I grabbed my face with a groan. My nose was throbbing slightly, but it hurt no more than that.

"Your turn to get the door..." Ray yawned from his bed. He had papers scattered everywhere, with various scribbled notes along them.

I forced myself up, hearing a knocking at the door. I hollered for whoever it was to wait a minute. I had to get fully dressed... Seeing as I was only in my boxers.

I threw on a shirt and went to the door, planning on hiding my lower torso behind the door. I pulled it open, rubbing my eye and completely forgetting about my plan.

"Frank."

I moved my hand away from my eye and saw Mikey standing there, with Pete standing back against the wall.

"S'up?" I asked, my voice showing clear evidence of sleep. Mikey looked irritated at me.

"What did you do to my brother?" He asked lowly. His arms crossed over his chest as he waited for an answer, much like an angry mother.

"Gerard?.." I yawned, scratching my head. I hadn't talked to Gerard in... Shit...

"I may give him shit for being a sassy shit, but he isn't my brother unless he is doing it." Mikey said in the same irritated tone.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

Mikey's arms tightened across his chest. "He's not Gerard right now... When's the last time you did talk to him?"

"Ummm..." I looked back in the room. I wasn't even quite sure where my phone was. I had been spending my time in classes, on the computer, or flipping the pages of books. "I'm not sure?.."

Mikey shook his head. "Listen man, I know it's finals and everything... But please don't keep my brother on the back burner... He's going to feel like he trusted you just so he could get burned..." He looked sad as he spoke.

I suddenly realized how bad it must of felt for Gerard. I hadn't been in any kind of contact with him for...shit... A week?? I was just so afraid of flunking out this first semester...

"I... I'm sorry dude-" I started, but Mikey cut me off.

"Don't apologize to me. You need to talk to my brother." He said, uncrossing his arms. He stepped back and grabbed Pete's arm. "Hurry up and do it too." He finished, walking away and pulling Pete along with him.

I stepped back in the room and closed the door slowly. I knew he was right...

"Wha was that?.." Ray asked from his bed.

I shrugged, "Possible wake up call." I bit my lip before jumping into my bed and digging around for my phone.