Chapter Four

"John? What are you doing here?" Paul's heart was beating rapidly. He didn't expect John to come and see him.
"You didn't come to school today. I figured you were really sick, but by the looks of it, you seem to be fine."
"U-uhh y-yeah I..." Paul didn't know what to say.
"Ditching school? Naughty boy." John said, trying to act disappointed. Paul stepped aside so John could come in.
He didn't seem to be mad....that was a good sign.
"Uhh, we can go up to me room.." Paul suggested, pointing up the stairs. John shrugged and started walking up the stairs, Paul following close behind.
John stopped in the doorway to his room and looked around.
"Exactly how I remember it."
"How's that?"
"Clean and queer." John stated walking into the room. Paul's face flushed but he still laughed. John looked over everything and sat on the bed. Paul closed the door behind him and sat at his desk. It was silent for a long time. Paul stared John straight in the eye, daring him to say something, anything.
"So what'd you come here for?" Paul questioned after awhile.
"Oh, I just came to borrow a cup of sugar." Paul rolled his eyes. John sighed and took a moment to think about what he was going to say.
"Look, Paul, we need to talk."
Paul's heart started to beat fast again. He shifted in his seat, trying to calm himself down.
"...about what?" Paul silently hoped it wouldn't be about the fact that Paul liked him, although he knew it was.
"About....about yesterday." John looked at Paul, hoping he'd say something. Paul looked down at his, not wanting to make eye contact. Silence took over the room as neither boy knew what to say.
"I'm sorry." Paul whispered after awhile.
"..for what?"
"For being queer and for being in love with you. I can't help it, okay?" Paul shook his head. "You can just go home and we can forget this ever happened."
John didn't say anything. He didn't know what to say. For some reason he didn't want to forget about this.
"No, Paul. I don't mind that you're queer, I just... I don't know if I am.."
Paul looked up, eyes wide and hopeful. All of a sudden John stood up and strode towards Paul. He attached his lips to Paul's, gently. Paul was too surprised to kiss back. A few seconds later John pulled away.
Paul gingerly touched his lips, his eyes wide once again. What just happened?
"What was that for?"
"I just wanted to see if I felt anything."
"...And did you?" Paul's voice was full of hope. This is the moment he would find out if John actually liked him, too.
"I think so.." John confessed, not breaking eye contact with Paul. Paul smiled wide.
"Does this mean you'll give our relationship a chance?" Paul asked, practically jumping for joy. John chuckled softly.
"Alright, McCartney, I'll give it a chance." Paul ran up and gave John a hug. This is probably the best day of his life.
--------------------------
Sorry for the short chapter.

I hope you all like this story so far, I'm not the best at writing sorry.

I'll have chapter five up soon. ^.^