Chapter Five

John was actually overjoyed by the fact that him and Paul were together. He really felt something like a spark, or even fireworks, when he kissed Paul. He hadn't felt anything that nice when he kissed previous girlfriends.
They decided to play around with Paul's guitar and see if they could come up with any songs since they were behind on band practices. An hour had past and they had a few lyrics down, nothing too special.
"Hey, Paulie?"
"Yeah?"
"What about Dot? I mean since you and I are a thing now, shouldn't you break up with her?.." John felt odd telling Paul he should break up with his girlfriend, even though he really thought he should. Paul thought about it for a moment.
"Maybe I should stay with her...y'know, so it won't raise suspicion."
Paul had a point. But John wanted Paul to himself. That probably sounded shallow and greedy, but John didn't care. He felt something with Paul that he'd never felt with anyone before. Maybe it was for the best though.
"Okay.." John reluctantly agreed. Paul gave a warm smile to John and continued strumming his guitar.
All of a sudden, Paul heard the front door open and close. Before he could even react, footsteps were coming up the stairs. Paul threw the little notebook they were writing on onto his desk and set his guitar next to his night stand.
"It's me da! He thinks I'm sick!" Paul whispered. He dug himself under his covers and closed his eyes. John ran over and sat down on Paul's desk chair, picking up a magazine.
Jim opened Paul's bedroom door quietly, in case Paul was sleeping. He was startled by John, not expecting to see him there.
"Oh! Hello john." Jim said, slightly confused as to why John was here.
"'Ello Jim! Have a nice day at work? I bet you're good at your job. What do you do anyway?"
Before Jim could answer, Paul piped in, seeing as his dad was confused.
"Oh, John came over after school to check on me."
"Oh-"
"Right I did. He seems to be doing a lot better now thanks to me." John smirked, making Jim confused again. Paul blushed, not knowing what to say.
"Right...thank you, John."
"Well I'll be off then. Mimi's probably worried. Bye Paul." John got up and walked to the door. Jim moved over so he could walk out
"See ya, Jim." And with that John left.

"He's a strange character." Jim said. Paul shrugged, trying to hide a smile.
"So you're feeling better?"
"Yeah. A lot better."
"Alright, well dinner will be ready soon." Jim turned on his heel and left.
Paul jumped out of bed and silently cheered. John was his. He turned on his radio and started singing and dancing along to whatever song was on. He was so happy he just wanted to kiss John again.
RING
RING
RING
Paul went and answered the phone, hoping it was John.
"Hello?"
"Hi Paul."
It was Georges voice.
"Oh hey Georgie. What's up?"
"Well, John was freaking out today in school because you weren't there... I just wanted to make sure he went to talk to you?"
" uh yeah. He actually just left about 5 minutes ago." Paul chuckled.
"Okay good. Do you mind me asking what it was about? John seemed really out of it."
Paul sighed, really wishing it could have been John. What was he supposed to tell George? 'Oh, I just told John I was gay and that I was in love with him. He didn't know if he loved me too, but then he came over and now he's queer for me.'
"Paul?.."
"Huh? Oh yeah. Umm, we just had a...situation. But we worked it out, so it's all good now."
"Okay...glad to hear. Are you coming back to school tomorrow?" George asked.
"Yeh. See you then. Bye."
"Yeah, bye." George hung up the phone.
Paul ran a hand through his hair. He knew he would have to tell George at some point. But when?
"Paul, dinner!"
Paul walked down to the kitchen table, Mike and Jim already there.
"Hey, I thought you were sick!" Mike yelled.
"I was."
"Yes, he was. And then John came over and all of a sudden he's much better." Jim said.
Paul looked up at his dad, waiting for him to say anything else. After a moment or two he went back to eating. Mike sensed a tension between them so he didn't dare say a word.
"Tell me, Paul, how did you go from having a fever, to being perfectly fine so quickly?"
"What are you getting at?" Paul asked.
"You weren't really sick, were you?"
"...yes I was." Paul lied. He didn't want his dad to win this fight.
"Oh really? How do I know you didn't pretend to be sick so you wouldn't have to go to school? How do I know John didn't skip school just so you guys could do whatever you want?"
"John didn't skip school. He came after school was over and-" Paul got cut off.
"Speaking of John, he's a bad influence on you, Paul. I don't think I want you hanging around that boy anymore." Jim stated.
"John's my best friend." Paul said, without looking up from his plate.
"Not anymore. I don't want you to talk to him. If I see you around him, you're grounded for two weeks."
Paul sprang up from his chair, not being able to hold in his anger.
"You can't do that!! I'm in a band with him! And what about school?! I can just talk to him there!"
"You do and I'll take away your guitar, too!!"
"WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM?!!" Paul practically screamed.
"Don't raise your voice at me!! Go to your room and don't come out until tomorrow!!" Jim shouted, pointing in the direction of Paul's room.
"FUCK YOU!" Paul screamed and stormed off to his room, eyes filling with tears. What was his problem?? Paul finally gets John and his dad has to go and ruin it?
Paul slammed his door and buried his face in his pillow. Tears started streaming down his cheeks, soaking his pillow. He layed there for a long time before deciding to get up. He didn't want to stay here.
Paul grabbed his shoes and, still in his pajamas, climbed out his window. He would go to Johns. It was about 9, he'd be home now, right? Johns house was only about ten minutes away, but it was dark and cold and Paul was afraid someone might try to mug him.
He finally made it to Johns house, unharmed. He figured Mimi wouldn't let him in this late on a school night so he'd just climb through Johns window.
He climbed up to Johns window and peeked in to see if he was there. He didn't see anyone but climbed in anyway. He couldn't hear anyone talking downstairs. Paul decided to lay in Johns bed and wait for him.
Paul lay on the dark blue cotton blanket, taking in the scent. It smelled like John. He spread out in the bed, getting comfy. He wondered where John was.
'He better not be out with some bird.' Paul thought, jealousy taking over him.
A couple minutes later the bedroom door opened and in walked John wearing nothing but a towel. Paul was relieved that he was just in the shower. But he was too mad about his dad to care that John was practically naked. John raised his eyebrows, not expecting to see Paul sitting on his bed.
"What're you doing in me bed, Macca?" John laughed. Paul just shrugged. He didn't feel like talking, but at the same time he did. John raised an eyebrow.
"What's got you so angry?" John smirked. He always thought it was funny to see Paul mad. He also looked adorable when he was angry. Paul didn't answer.
"Do you want me to walk ye home?" John asked, grabbing some pajamas and putting them on.
"I don't want to go home." Paul stated. "Why? What's happened?"
"My father is being a prick."
John was surprised to hear Paul say that. He never said anything bad about his dad. What happened?
"He must have done something bad. I don't think you ever insulted your da' before." John said sitting on the bed.
"So what 'appened then?"
Paul didn't reply. He he looked over at the wall, probably acting like a little five year old, but he didn't care. He was furious with his father. What he said was unfair and uncalled for. John stared at Paul, waiting for an answer.
"C'mon, Paul. What did he do?"
Paul still didn't say anything. He felt weird acting this way in front of John.
"Paullllieee." John started inching towards Paul with an evil look on his face.
"Are you going to tell me what happened? Or am I going to have to tickle it out of you?" John threatened. Paul stood his ground, looking at the ceiling, making sure not to make eye contact with John.
John tackled Paul and started tickling him. Paul started squirming around, laughing uncontrollably.
"Get- of-f of m-me." Paul managed between fits of laughter. John didn't let up, though.
"Not until you tell me what happened."
"Pl-please stop."
"Only if you tell me."
"Fine!" Paul gave in. John stopped tickling him and sat down next to him. Paul fixed his hair and untwisted his shirt. His cheeks were bright red and there were tear streaks running down them.
"Well, go on!"
"Alright, alright!" Paul laughed. "Me dad thinks that I pretended to be sick and you skipped school just so we could do whatever it is that we were doing at my house. Only the first part of that is true. But he says you're a bad influence on me and he doesn't want me to talk to you anymore." Paul explained.
"If he knew what happened today, he wouldn't be saying I'm the bad influence." John joked. Paul ignored him.
"I don't understand why he said that, though. He just bursted in the middle of dinner saying all of this shit. He told me to go to my room and to not come out until tomorrow." Paul said. His eyes were beginning to fill with tears, thinking about what happened earlier.
"Oh, Paulie. I'm sorry. Everything will be fine."
"But what if it's not. I'm pretty sure he meant everything he said."
"I doubt that. Everything will be better tomorrow. I promise." John ruffled Paul's hair and kissed his head, getting under the covers. Paul sat there, a smile starting to form on his face. He hoped John was right.
"Are ye staying the night, then?" John asked. Paul nodded, pulling the blankets over his body. John smiled at Paul and turned off the lamp. He put his head on Johns chest, cuddling up against him. John snaked his arm around Paul and played with his hair until he fell asleep.
John fell asleep soon after, enjoying this peaceful moment.
------------------------------
I have no idea where this is going lol
I'll figure it out soon

Thanks so much for reading for reading my story!