Chapter Fifteen

John slammed the door of the McCartney house shut, stuffing his hands in his pockets. Why was it so wrong to love someone?!

  He walked down the dark sidewalk, trying to figure out where he should go. He wasn't going home. He was angry and it was so boring living with Mimi. The quiet would just make him even more angry. He couldn't go to George's house because, well, even though they're in a band together, they weren't very close. George was Paul's friend, mostly.

  Stu. He could go to Stu's house. He had his own flat, so John wouldn't be bothering him. If anything he would be keeping Stuart company.

  They haven't been talking as much lately, but they were still close. Not as close as John was to Paul, but still pretty close.

  There was no one out tonight. Just a few cars passing on the street, but other than that everyone was home. Except for John, of course.

~~~~

 "James, get off of the floor."

  Paul didn't move. He lay there, crying, thinking up a plan to run away. To run away with John. They could go to Spain, start a new life. Buy a house and even get married. None of this would happen, though, because they didn't have money and their whole relationship was illegal. But mostly because Paul didn't have the guts to run away.

  "Get up off of the floor. Now."

  "Why should I?" Paul asked, stubbornly. He didn't want to move, he didn't have the strength. He wanted to lay there and cry forever.

  "Because I said so."

  "That's a stupid reason."

  "Paul. Now." Jim said sternly.

  Yet again, Paul stayed put. He was acting like a child, but he didn't care. The whole world was acting like a child. 'Oh no! Two people love eachother! Let's freak out and make it illegal for no reason!'

  Jim walked out of the kitchen and up to Paul's room, snatching up his guitar. He wouldn't need it. He wasn't staying in a band run by a homosexual.

  He walked back downstairs and went to the front door to put it in his car. He would sell it back to the store he bought it from.

  Unfortunately, Paul saw him heading outside with his guitar. He jumped up and ran after his father.

  "What are you doing with my guitar?!" Paul yelled. He tried to grab it out of his dad's hands, but Jims grip on it was too tight.

  "You don't need it anymore."

  "What are you talking about?! I'm in a band!" Paul tried again to rip his guitar out of the man's hands, and to his surprise, he succeeded.

  "James, give me the guitar." Jim said calmly.

  "No."

 "I'm not going to argue with you. Give it to me."

 "I said no."

 "You're not seeing that boy anymore. Therefore, you are not in his band. Give me the bloody guitar, Paul." Jim demanded. The dark haired boy shook his head, gripping his guitar in his hands. He wasn't taking his guitar and he wasn't going to stop him from seeing John. They went to the same bloody school!

  "If I do not have that guitar by tomorrow morning, you will be punished." Jim said, looking Paul right in the eyes, indicating that he was serious.

  Paul watched him walk back inside. Jim had never "punished" him before, but he knew what it meant. It meant getting whipped with a belt.

  He was being overwhelmed with emotions. His dad wouldn't hurt him....right?