Chapter Fourteen

"Y'know I'm only here for dinner, right?"

"Yes."

"So why'd you drag me here so early?"

"It's good to be early."

"6 hours early?"

"Shut up, alright? I'm...slightly nervous," Paul confessed. He was sitting at his desk trying to finish a song he had started a while ago, not that they were having a band meet any time soon.

"Why are you nervous? I'm the one who should be nervous. Yer dad could go batshit crazy and kill me in seconds."

"Yeh, that's why I'm nervous," Paul said as seriously as he could. John raised a brow and sighed. He knew Paul's dad wasn't going to murder him or anything, but it was still a possibility.

"John, I'm kidding," Paul laughed, seeing the worried look in his face. Maybe this was a bad idea...?

"I know, I know." John chuckled. "Anyway, I was thinking...maybe we could elope to Mexico and forget this whole thing?"

Paul just rolled his eyes, directing his attention back to the lyrics in his notebook. He had started writing them after he realized he was in love with John. He had gotten most of the lyrics finished, he just needed two more lines and then a melody to go along with it.

He turned back toward John who was sitting on his bed, flipping through a Playboy magazine. Paul raised his eyebrows as John looked up at him.

"Don't give me that look. I found them under your bed." Paul blushed slightly, pushing that statement aside.

"Can you help me come up with a tune for this song?"

"You wrote a song?" Paul nodded. "Alrigh', let's see it," John said, holding out his hand.

Paul handed over his notebook, starting to feel a bit self-conscious about his song. What if John hates it?

But by the smile on Johns face, it looked as though he liked it.

"So you like it, I see," Paul smirked.

"Yes. Very much so." John picked up Paul's guitar, flipping it upside-down since it was a lefty.

~~~~

After an hour or so of trying to pick out the right melody, they finally found one.

"Oi! I think I got it," John bellowed, strumming some chords on the guitar. Paul nodded, listening intently to the tune.

"That's perfect!"

"I know, I know. Hold yer applause," John said, holding up his hand to stop the imaginary clapping.

Paul hastily wrote down the chords, relieved that the song was finally finished.

John took the notebook from Paul's hand and started strumming the guitar, reading the lyrics off of the page.

"You'll never know how much I really love you
You'll never know how much I really care

Listen
Do you want to know a secret?
Do you promise not to tell? Whoa oh, oh

Closer
Let me whisper in your ear
Say the words you long to hear
I'm in love with you..."

John stopped the song there.

"Tha' sounds good. Very lovely song indeed, Mr. Macca." Paul laughed at the obscure nickname and put his notebook away.

"So whose that song about anyway?" John knew the answer but he just wanted to hear Paul say it.