Chapter Ten

It was Friday night, the night of the school dance. It was 7:30 and the dance started in an hour and a half.

John Lennon had just gotten out of the shower, and was now searching for his tuxedo. He knew he had put it on the night stand in his room, but it wasn't there anymore.

"Mimi!" John called down the stairs.

"Yes!?" Mimi yelled from the kitchen.

"Where's me suit?!"

"It's in the sitting room!"

John trudged downstairs, towel still wrapped around his waist, and grabbed the tux from the sitting room. He wasn't even in the mood to go to a bloody dance. The only reason he was going was because Paul wanted him to.

He marched back upstairs to his room and half heartedly put on his suit. He didn't bother tying the bow tie. It would be his little rebellion.

He was doing his hair, greased back at the sides and some curls at the front, when a knock came at the door. He heard Mimi answer it.

"John! Paul's here!"

John smiled and put put down the comb, running downstairs. He wanted to see what Paul looked like all dressed up.

He walked down the last few stairs, taking in the sight of Paul. He had a white suit on, a blue bow tie and shiny black shoes. He looked beautiful to say the very least.

"I look like a bloomin' marshmallow," Paul pouted.

John laughed, leaning against the wall, smirking slightly.

"You look gorgeous," John said, just loud enough for Paul to hear. He didn't need Mimi to have a fit about him calling his "friend" gorgeous.

Paul smiled, just a bit. He was still upset about a lot of things and he didn't feel like smiling much.

John nodded his head towards the stair case, signaling for them to head upstairs. They went to Johns room so John could continue to get ready. Paul sat on the bed. His face was expressionless.

"What's got yer knickers in a twist?"

"Everything."

John turned around, away from the mirror, and gave him a questioning look. This definitely wasn't the first time Paul was pissed off at "everything", but it was the night of the back to school dance. He was the one who wanted to go, wasn't he?

"Everything?"

"Yes."

He sighed and sat next to Paul on the bed.

"Could you explain further? What exactly is 'everything'?"

"First of all, I've had a crush on you for months and you had a crush on me and neither one of us said anything, not even a hint! Finally you notice I'm acting weird and find out I love you! Then I go threw the depressing process of waiting to see if you like me, too! You decided to give it a try, thank God! But I'm not upset about that. It's the fact that this relationship we have is illegal. So, I can't be seen in public with you as more than friends and I can't go to a bloody dance with just you! We have to go with these two girls who get on my bloody nerves!! I'm pretty sure you fancy that Cynthia girl, which will probably ruin our relationship! And to top it all off I look like the bloody ghost from Christmas past!!"

John sat there taking in all of this, trying really hard not to laugh. He wasn't actually expecting Paul to be so mad at everything.

"Well what do you want me to do? Shout at the world until its made legal?"