Chapter Twenty One

"'S everything still fine with you and Paul?" Stuart whispered across the table.

John and Stu were sitting alone at a table in the school cafeteria. It was Monday and they were waiting for the rest of the group to buy their lunches.

"Yes, everything's splendid," John said taking a sip from his milk carton. He very rarely ate during lunch period, but he hadn't eaten this morning and he was starving.

"Did ya do it with 'im, yet?" Stu asked with a smirk.

"Almost," John smirked lightly. "The poof wouldn't let me past his underwear."

Stuart laughed lightly and got up to throw the remains of his food out.

George walked over a moment later, with a tray full of sandwiches and pastries. He sat down across from John, digging in right away.

"Christ, Harrison, you eat more than you weigh."

"Sthst eht lenskdon," George said, or mumbled rather, with a mouth full of a chewed up turkey sandwich. John raised his eyebrow, trying to decipher what his friend had just said.

"You learnin' a new language, then, Georgie?"

George swallowed the glob of food that was in his mouth before speaking.

"Yeh, it's this new language called 'shut yer bloomin' gob, Lennon'."

"Ah," John nodded. "Was it created in yer little fan club that you dedicated to me?"

"If it helps ye sleep at night, mate."

Pete (Best) and Paul came and sat down at the table at the same time; Pete next to George and Paul next to John. Obviously. Stuart was over near a group of girls, getting chatted up by a blonde.

"Hello, lads. Long line, I suppose?" John said.

"Um, no, actually," Paul began. "Pete kept letting birds get in front of 'im." He gave Pete an angry look before tending to his food.

"Still desperate for a lass, I see, eh Best?" John chuckled quietly.

"I'm just a polite gentleman. Please forgive me," he fake begged, rolling his eyes in the process.

Stu came back over and sat down next to George. He greeted Pete and Paul whilst stealing a chip from Paul's tray.

"Hey! I never said you could have one!" Paul shouted. John laughed at how angry Paul was over a little french fry. He really did hate Stuart.

"Yeah, Sutcliffe! He paid good money for those!" John commented jokingly. Paul slapped John on the back of the head, but only because he couldn't reach Stu.

"Why're ye punishin' me for his doings!?" John asked, holding the back of his head.

"You're closer."

George, Pete and Stu laughed, but stopped abruptly when someone else say down at the table. They all stared at him, waiting for him to say something. They knew who it was. It was Paul's bully.

"Hello," he said quietly.

"The hell do you want?" George said, coldly. He didn't like this kid. Not one bit.

"Calm down, Harrison. He's alright," John spoke.

"What do you mean?!"

"I mean he's not goin' to hurt anyone, so calm yer bloody tits," John retorted.

"Are you forgetting he's beat Paul for the last two years?" George inquired. John ignored him and diverted his attention to the lad in front of him.