t w o

We ended up in a sports bar in Patriots Place, laughing and talking about anything and everything. A preseason football game came on one of the televisions that plastered all four walls of the restaurant, and soon we were wrapped up in that.

"They're running a fake PAT!" I exclaimed as the Saints set up.

Rob looked at me like I had three heads, "Come on, captain, you should know your football better. If it was a fake, the quarterback would be on the field."

"You should know that the Saints' kicker was also a third string quarterback in college," I told him. Sure enough, the kicker tossed the ball to the receiver in the end zone for a two-point conversion. I gave Rob my best I told you so face, "Looks like someone needs to brush up on their football strategy."

He smiled at me, "Ok, that was pretty impressive."

I tossed my hair with a smirk, "I know."

After our early dinner, we walked around Patriots Place. Since Rob was so famous, he had to wear a hoodie and sunglasses to avoid recognition.

"So, how's the team looking this year?" I asked him. "I've been so busy getting ready for the season I haven't been able to make it to any practices."

Rob's eyes lit up at the mention of his team, "We're actually doing really good. The offense is working surprisingly well, considering all the changes that have been made."

I smiled, "That's great! You know, I would love to cheer at a Super Bowl," I winked.

He laughed, "You and me both. Except not cheer. Play. Play in a-"

"I got it!" I giggled, trying to save him from stumbling over his words any further.

"How's your squad looki-" Rob began, before he was interrupted by a man sitting on a bench.

"Honey look, isn't that Gronk?" Soon, the entire plaza was talking about it, and people started rushing towards us, trying to meet Rob.

We looked at each other. "To the locker rooms!" he whispered. And with that, we took off sprinting.

As we were running, I began to fall behind. I was in extremely good shape and could run for miles, but my speed was nothing compared to a guy who runs at top speed with 300-pound defenders hanging off him for a living. Rob turned around and, before I could protest, lifted me over his shoulder and continued running. "Rob, put me down!" I laughed, pounding on his back

He slid into the locker room, shutting the door behind him, then placed me lightly on the floor. "Do you think we lost them?" he asked, the most serious look on his face.

I rolled my eyes, "No, the general population can totally keep up with a professional football player."

Rob shrugged, "Good point. But how could they tell who I was?"

"Rob. I don't know how to tell you this, but you don't exactly blend in with the crowd," I teased. "You're, what, 6'6? And all muscle."

He flexed his arms jokingly, "You noticed."

I laughed, and then looked down at my phone to check the time, "Oh my God, it's already 8:30! I've gotta go home to get ready for tomorrow's tryouts!"

Rob's face fell, "Oh, yeah, I should probably head home too."

"Well, uh, it was nice meeting you," I looked down at the ground, shuffling my feet. I wanted to see Rob again, but he showed no signs of wanting the same thing.

"Yeah, good luck this season," he looked equally uncomfortable.

I looked back up at him, "Well, bye then." I turned around to walk out of the locker room.

As I reached the door, I heard Rob say, "Hey, Hanna? Would you like to hang out again sometime? Like, with me?"

I turned back around and grinned, "I thought you'd never ask."