t w e n t y - t w o

W I N T E R

"Say cheese!" Danny yelled as he snapped off several pictures. He was yet again the team photographer, as we were going for a team dinner. Rob and I dropped our smiles and stepped away from each other, making room for others to take pictures.

"I love seeing you in a football uniform, but I've gotta say Mr. Gronkowski, you can rock a suit," I smiled, adjusting his tie quickly.

He wrapped his arm tightly around my shoulders, uncomfortably tight. "Uh, what are you doing Rob?"

"You just look so damn gorgeous," he shrugged, and wrapped me even tighter.

I was wearing a two-piece dress with a long white maxi skirt and beaded halter top, and maroon pumps.  I had slicked my straight hair back, and slicked on some dark red lipstick and black eyeliner, accessorizing with thin gold jewelry. Not to brag, but I did look pretty great.

I looked up at Rob, and kissed his cheek. Then, I pulled out my phone, "Take a Snapchat selfie with me!" He bent down and placed his lips on my cheek, as I smiled broadly and captured the picture.

"Beautiful." He took the phone from me, added a caption, and then handed my phone back, having already posted the picture to my story.

I opened my story to see what he captioned it.
My amazingly sexy, hot boyfriend.
"What are you, a seventh grader?" I laughed.

Rob threw up a peace sign and stuck out his tongue, "Yes."

~

We sat down at the restaurant, Rob and I next to each other and across from a rookie named Malcolm Butler and his girlfriend. Nice people, we made wonderful small talk about dumb things we did in college. Rob was just finishing a story about a night he hit 17 frat parties in 2 hours when our food arrived. I was about to take my first bite when a clinking sound came from the head of the table.

"If I could have everyone's attention for a quick second?" Mr. Kraft stood, wine glass in hand. "As we approach the postseason, I'd just like to thank you all for your amazing dedication and ambition throughout this season. This franchise has a crazy reputation to uphold, thanks to this incredible coaching staff and the players, both current and former, and I have a feeling this could be the year. We WILL be Super Bowl champions!"

"I'll drink to that," Tom added, and everyone laughed.

I looked at Rob and held up my glass, "Cheers."

"Cheers," he smiled back, and leaned in to kiss me.