s i x t e e n

We stood in the tunnel, looking out at the already-packed Gillette Stadium. I always felt so small standing here, looking at the tens of thousands of rowdy football fans rocking a stadium that seemed to go on forever. I truly was lucky to be able to call this my job.

A voice from behind me called me out of my dream-like state, "Oh my gosh, good luck out there Rob! I know you'll be amazing!"

Monica. I turned around to see the bitch standing in front of my boyfriend, batting her eyelashes and flipping her hair. I was not in the mood for this today.

I walked over and grabbed her arm, "Monica, we're about to run out, and I would really hate if you had to miss the game!" I exclaimed in a sickly sweet voice, plastering a huge fake smile on my face.

She returned the fake smile, "I'll be right there," and turned back to face Rob.

I looked at him, and he gave me the most pleading look, his eyes saying please help me. Maintaining my grip on Monica's arm, I dragged her towards the entrance of the tunnel, "Move it or lose it, sweetie."

"I'll talk to you later, ok Rob?" she called over her shoulder.

That was it. I've had enough.

I whirled her around to face me, "Listen to me, because this is the last time I will say this. Blatantly flirting with and attempting to steal another girl's boyfriend is wrong on so many levels, and is especially bad when said girl is your captain and boss. I have the right to bench or fire you at any time, and trust me, if you don't cut it out, I will find a reason. Now get in line and don't say another word."

She gave me a glare, but flounced into line and stared straight ahead. I turned back around to walk to Rob, only to find him already standing behind me. "There's my savior," he grinned, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I laughed, "Just call me Superwoman."

He leaned down, and kissed me. We stayed like that for a few minutes, until I heard someone clear their throat behind me.

"It's time to go out," Tiffany told me, a slight grin on her face.

"Ok," I told her, and then turned back to Rob, "Good luck, play well, don't drop any balls."

"Will do," he grinned, before kissing my cheek and heading back into the locker room.