e l e v e n

"Jenkins! Fischer! Patton!" I called out, as my assistants passed out jerseys. Reaching the end of the list, I grabbed my own number 87 jersey from the box and yelled, "Everyone, throw them in real quick!"

Not to pat myself on the back, but these jerseys looked adorable. Everyone looked amazing. Scanning down the line of cheerleaders, I saw a ton of Bradys, a bunch of Edelmans, the occasional Amendola, and even Butler was represented. But my eyes stopped on one girl towards the end of the line. Lo and behold, she was proudly wearing Gronkowski's jersey, and obviously hadn't noticed the stares of her teammates.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a clingy girlfriend at all. But, unless she was living under a rock, she had to know that Rob and I were dating. Everyone in New England, and probably beyond, knew. And, generally, if a player is in a relationship with another girl, especially if that girl is your captain, you don't wear his jersey.

One of my assistants, Tiffany, nudged me, nodding her head towards the girl. I just shrugged my shoulders in a her mistake gesture.

"Alright ladies, you look great. Take them off, we'll wear them on Sunday. Thanks for working hard." We huddled up, did a team cheer, and broke to go home. As we were leaving, Rob walked into the training center, having just finished practice.

I smiled, and started walking over to him. Suddenly, the girl who had ordered his jersey (and was still wearing it, might I add) appeared, and was immediately all over him. I looked over at Tiffany, "Hey Tif, whats her name?"

She looked over to see Rob attempting to fend off the girl's advances, "I think it's Monica. Heard she's a bit of a hoe."

I laughed, "Looks that way."

Gronk sent me a pleading look, and I finally made my way over to save him from the rookie.

"Hey babe!" I called, and trotted over to him.

"Hey beautiful," he grinned, and grabbed me by the waist, completely pushing Monica to the side. Rob pulled me in for a kiss, and I relaxed into his arms, momentarily forgetting about the girl standing next to us.

"Oh my gosh, are you two dating?" a shrill voice pierced my momentary bliss.

Rob and I broke apart, "Uh, yeah, why do you ask?" I feigned innocence.

Monica had the most disgusted look on her face, "Oh. It just didn't seem like he's your type, Hanna."

This. Bitch. Who did she think she was? I smiled sweetly, "Actually, he's exactly my type. Not that you'd know what my type is."

She gave me a look of pure annoyance, "I'll see you at practice tomorrow, captain." As she walked away, she brushed up against my boyfriend again.

I raised my eyebrows in shock and turned to look at Rob, "If she's still on the team."