t w e l v e

"I'll take a grande nonfat peppermint mocha, please," I ordered, and then stepped aside, yawning as I checked my iPhone.  Rob had decided that 4:30 in the morning was the perfect time to wake me up for a coffee date, so there we were at a local Starbucks.  Possibly the only good thing about such an early wakeup call was that the only other person in the shop was the barista, so we weren't mobbed by fans. Not to mention that I had just rolled out of bed in yoga pants and one of Rob's gigantic sweatshirts.

"I have a nonfat peppermint mocha for the most beautiful girl in the room," a deep voice said, and I looked up (or rather, down) to see Rob on his knee, proposal-style, with my coffee in his hand.

I giggled, taking my coffee, then looked around, "That would be cute if I wasn't the ONLY girl in the room."

He tossed his hands up in the air in mock exasperation, "Women, you can never please them," he joked.

"Hoodies and cute pictures, are we really that complex?" I joked back, leaning down to kiss his cheek.

As he stood up, Rob wrapped his huge arms around me and kissed my head, "Yes."

Finally realizing that the barista was staring at us - and who could blame him, there was nothing else to do - we headed out of the shop, coffees in hand.  "So, what do you want to do today, on your day off?" I asked him.  It was one of those rare days when neither of us had practice (if I'm being completely honest, I cancelled practice knowing Rob had a day off).

He shrugged, "I've got everything I need for the day right here."

I blushed and smiled at the romantic comment, and began to say something before he spoke again.

"Coffee," he raised his cup, grinning smugly.

I pushed Rob's shoulder, "Oh shut up."

He smiled, wrapping his arm around my shoulder, "But seriously, wanna go drive around Foxboro and see how many fans come up to us?"

"That sounds fun!  But, uh, can we go home real fast?" I asked, looking down at my outfit.  Rob had literally shown up to my house at 4:30, dragging me out of bed to go to Starbucks with him.

"Anything for you."

~

Our first stop was - surprise, surprise - Starbucks, a different location this time.  I had changed into white skinny jeans, cute brown wedges, and my cheerleading jacket, and had actually done my hair and makeup before slipping on my Ray Bans.

"Ready?" I looked at Rob, who was in the drivers' seat.

He nodded, a focused look on his face, "Let's do this."

I laughed, "Babe, we're going to a Starbucks, not a playoff game."

"What?" The focused look was replaced with one of confusion.

I shook my head, "Never mind.  You're cute, that's all."

We walked hand-in-hand into the Starbucks, which was surprisingly crowded for 6AM.  Heads turned, and the whispers began.

"Hey, isn't that Gronk?"