t h i r t e e n

"You guys are legit the cutest couple ever!" an overexcited teenage fan exclaimed as she saved the selfie we had taken on her phone.

I smiled, "Well thank you!"

"All my friends ship you so hard," she continued.

I looked at Rob, who grinned at me and told her in an exaggerated whisper, "I ship it too."

"Thanks for the pictures, it was great meeting you guys!" she smiled, and skipped off into the mall.

I checked the time on my phone - 2:05 PM. We had spent the whole day driving around Foxboro, meeting enthusiastic fans. "Ready to head home?" I asked.

Rob nodded, "Let's roll out."  We replaced our disguises, which really only consisted of sunglasses and a hoodie, in Gronk's case.  Then, we headed out to the parking lot.

~

"Let's do something summery," I stated, staring at the ceiling as I lay on my couch next to Rob.

He looked at me like I had three heads, "Babe, I hate to break it to you, but it's the middle of September."

I rolled over so I was looking him in the eyes, "Yeah, but it's like 80 degrees and my pool is still open..."

"Fine, you win. Let's go swimming."

~

I stepped out of the sliding glass doors onto the patio and shivered. OK, so maybe it wasn't exactly 80 degrees,  but it was still plenty warm enough for swimming. I pulled my sundress over my head, leaving me in my bikini.  Then, I laid on a chair and close my eyes, waiting for Rob, who was taking forever.

I was half-asleep when I felt myself being lifted out of my chair and carried somewhere - rather quickly, I might add. Before I knew it, I was underwater. I came up, wiping water off my face, "Robert Gronkowski!"

He was standing on the side of the pool, laughing and completely dry. "You're adorable when you're mad...and soaking wet."

I glared at him, "Not amused."

He pouted, "Don't be mad at me."

"Too late," I maintained my mock anger.

Rob looked sad, "I'll make it up to you!"

I pretended to consider it, "Fine. Give me a kiss."

He nodded, "Seems fair." Rob crouched over the side of the pool, closing his eyes as he anticipated the kiss. Big mistake. In a sudden movement, I grabbed his muscular shoulders and pulled him into the pool with me.

Gronk came up for air and looked at me, "I should've seen that coming."

I nodded, "You really should have."

a/n: shoutout to Awritersinspiration for the amazing new cover!!