e i g h t e e n

"Let's go do something," I said suddenly, hitting pause on our 5th episode of Criminal Minds. We hadn't moved from the couch since last night, when we discussed Monica.

Rob looked down at me (a considerable feat since my head was resting on his shoulder), "What do you want to do?"

"I don't know, but let's start with getting dressed," I proclaimed, standing up quickly.

He held up his hands, "Ok, ok, you win. Getting dressed now."

~

30 minutes later, I walked out of my bathroom, carrying my yellow pumps in my hand. I had managed to do some pretty complicated makeup, braid my hair, and pull together a decent outfit, all in half an hour.

Rob wasn't anywhere to be seen, so I wandered to the other bathroom in the house. The door was open, so I peeked in to see him still styling his hair. Laughing quietly, I snuck in and wrapped my arms around his waist, "You spend more time on your hair than I do."

He frowned, "I gotta look good to keep up with you."

I blushed and kissed his shoulder blade (the best I could reach), then grabbed his biceps and attempted to pull him out of the bathroom, "Now come on, it's almost noon already."

~

"Do we have a plan?" Rob asked, as I drove aimlessly around Foxboro.

"Not particularly," I shrugged, then plugged in the aux cord as we were stopped at a red light. I scrolled through my music, and hit shuffle on a playlist called "drive". Drake's Big Rings blasted through the car, and we jammed out for a few minutes.

I found myself pulling into Gillette Stadium, out of habit. Rob looked at me with a questioning look, but before he could speak, an idea hit me. "Want to do something slightly illegal?"

~

"Remind me again why I thought this was a good idea?" I groaned, as I pulled myself over yet another fence.

Rob was standing on the other side, "I don't know what you're talking about. This might be the easiest break-in ever."

"Well, not all of us are taller than the fences."

Finally, we were in. I stood on the field and stared up at the empty rows of seats that seemed to stretch for miles above us. The stadium was so different when there was no one else in it.

"It's so...empty," Rob said, walking up next to me.

I kicked off my heels and sat down in the middle of the logo on the center of the field, "I know. It's so..."

"Incredible," Rob finished.

We lay on the turf for a little while, staring at the sky. I even closed my eyes for a few minutes, enjoying the warmth of the October sun.

A sudden shout jarred me out of my peaceful state, "Hanna! Go long!" I opened my eyes to see Rob holding a football. Laughing, I rolled over and stood up, running towards the end zone, anticipating the throw.

The football smacked into my open hands, and I sprinted towards the end zone. Just as I crossed the goal line, Rob grabbed me and we rolled to the ground. "If I'm not careful, you'll take my job from me, Hanna Rose."

I raised an eyebrow, "Better hope Coach Belichick isn't here, otherwise you'd be looking at the next star Patriots receiver."

We were jolted to our feet when a voice came booming through the stadium, "You might want to rethink that statement, Miss Rose." Belichick was standing on the sideline, holding a megaphone.

"Uh, Coach, uh, we were just, um..." Rob tried to come up with an excuse for being on the field.

I sighed, "We actually don't have a reason for being here, Coach. We'll be leaving now."

He nodded, "Good choice."

I dragged Rob towards the exit, picking my shoes up from where they lay on the 40-yard line.

"Oh, and Hanna?" Belichick called again over the megaphone, "Good catch."

I blushed and smiled, "Thanks Coach."

And with that, we half-walked, half-sprinted back to the car, laughing the whole way.