12. My wife!!!

Hey friends... Do vote!!!

*************************************

"Deeeeeeeeeeeee..... "

As soon as the call was unholded I heard the ear splitting voice of Rithika.

I kept the phone at a distance, and put on speaker mode.

"Dee.........." She continued to scream.
"Call for you dee..." She said, a bit less loudly. I immediately switched off speaker mode, sensing that Dhruvika could be near by.

The other end went silent. "Hello.." Said a small voice.

Finally!!!!

"Hello.. Mein Ram hoon"(I am Ram). I managed to speak.  I waited for a moment, to let her know that it was me.

"J..Ji..." She said, nervously. Her voice was too small, a contrast of Rithika, that I had to struggle a bit to hear her out.

"Sorry for calling at this moment of night, but had to call you." I said, balancing my voice to be calm and low as hers.

" Ji.. But yeh number..."  She didn't complete it but the statement ended with a questioning tone.

Was this her number, and not Rithika's. I checked the number and saw the true caller name as Dhruvika Sanjay. Shit!!

" Haa.. I got it from your sister. I had given my number to her before we left." I said smiling at the thought of writing the number and giving the chit to Rithika.

What all a guy has to do to get a girls number!!!!

All she said was "Ji..." . Man she is soo  naive, I thought to myself. I felt like going to her house and hug her then and there. But what is with the 'Ji..'?

Hmm anyway now I have to make the move. She had tried her best in the evening to fix this marriage. Now I'll make my move for her.

I took a deep breath and asked, "Are you free tomorrow??" I hope she will say yes. Oh God!! Why am I like this??

"Haa.." At first I thought it was the sound of the phones buzzer or something. But then I realized it was her, admitting that she is free tomorrow.

"I want to talk to you about our marriage." I said stressing the words our marriage. She waited for a moment, thinking probably of what to reply.

"Papa.." That's all she said. I had known this, that she would only come with me after her parents have given her the permission.

She was not the usual town girls who would come out the moment a guy ask them. That is why I had already called uncle to ask permission for taking her out.

"Don't worry, I Already asked your dad during the call. But are you okay to come with me?" I asked expectantly. Please  say yes.. Pleaaase... I prayed inside my head, for her to say yes.

"Ji, then I'm fine." She said and I could see her holding the phone and blushing. Her cheeks red and hot.

"Achcha... So when will you be free?" I asked, happy to meet her again. There was so much I had to ask, many why's and many why not's.

"Mein free hoon, so you can fix the time."  She said, her voice still soft. Okay, so I have to choose a location, I thought.

I have always wanted my first date to be classic, decent. Not the ones with sunshine and wind. Somewhere formal. Call me non- creative. But after all I'm a police officer.

"Achcha.. So can you come to the cafe coffee day shop at 3 in the evening? If you want you can call Rithika too." I wanted her to feel safe coming out with me, hence Rithika. I knew that Rithika could ease her tensed nerves.

"Ji... I'll talk to her." She said. Till now it was only me who spoke, she was only answering me. Was she always like this, or is it because she is tensed. I decided to change the topic.

"So how's your head? How do you feel now?" I asked remembering her head. It was from there that everything had started. I could imagine her touching her forehead and slightly flinch in pain.

"Ji.. Its fine now, less painful."  Was it true, or is she just lying to me. Its said that whenever a girl says I'm fine, don't trust her, its always the opposite.

  "So.... Take care of your health. And I'll see you again tomorrow, goodnight." I said, winding up the call. She had to rest.

"Goodnight." She wished back, her voice still so calm and sweet.

†***†***†***†***†***†***†***†***†***†

Right now here I am, not knowing what to speak. I rewinded her words in my mind once again.

"This is the 3rd or 4th time I'm seeing a guy for marriage, but nothing worked out due to few reasons so I decided that I would agree for the next person, whoever he is and it turned out to be you. I only had the vague idea that you are a police officer, that's why." She had said.

Knowing the fact that she agreed on this marriage not because she liked me was hurting a bit. Okay may be a little more than a bit. But still, it hurt. I had wanted her to marry me since she liked me, not because I was the 5th or 6th guy that met her.

I had been thinking of a reply since then, but still nothing would come to my mind and it was as if, I was enjoying the silence.

Soon the bearer was here with the order. We watched by as he arranged the coffee for us and took the sugar bowl. Dhruvika was practically drooling over the coffee. I could feel her impatience to drink the coffee.

She was absolutely beautiful today. I couldn't stop myself from checking her out. She was wearing a light colour salwar, her hear in a loose clip, she still managed to look beautiful with the small plaster in her forehead.

I had even caught her checking me out, but she would as always avoid my gaze there after. Her blushing face when I complemented her!! I guess she isnt very comfortable towards complements. But still she managed to complement back. Always well brought up, unlike her sister.

But she shook me more when she answered the bearer about the sugar.
"1 for the latte and 2 for the mocha." She had said.

How come she know that I preferred one? Of course, the lime tea at garden. Man, she noticed even the smallest details about me. I was sure that by now I would be smiling like an idiot.

And then I knew one thing, that whatever happens, only this woman named Dhruvika Sanjay, only she, will be my wife.

################################

Hey guys... How was the chapter?

If you liked it please do vote!!

Love ....
        @maira..... :* :*