39. Upside Down!

It was almost night time when we reached back home. Papa Amma and Hari uncle had reached earlier as they came by train, and by the time we reached, dinner was ready.

Since it was night, Hari uncle and aunty decided to go back to their house tomorrow morning. but Cherry had to leave the night. he had a very important operation starting from tomorrow.... To deal with Gunaa...

He had decided against telling it to Hari Uncle for the time being...

Soon we were on the dining table, having dinner .. Papa was fine after the travel and it was a good family moment that I will cherish forever.. I hope every day was like this.. Soon Papa retired to bed, and i had to enter the kitchen and help out with the cleaning.. Which means I wouldn't be able to talk to him..

Soon after work I dashed to the live ng room. He was ready to leave and was waiting for me.. Soon all my happiness disappeared... Today we will not be together and it was depressing.. I hope I would get some sleep..

We all ushered him out.. And the parents gave us a little privacy, saying lame excuses like cleaning and calling and sleeping.. They took Rithu also with them and it was just the two if us... He took me to the side so no one could see or hear us...

"Dhruvika.. I'm going out of town for a 2-3 days... I'm going Mumbai.."He said with a sigh, bit I could see the determination in his eyes..

"Gunaa..?" I asked. I was scared would be an understatement. How can I not be when some lowlife was planning to kill the only boy I loved and would love..

"Yeah..." He said, running his hand along my jawline, and ended up in the strand of hair that I had tucked behind my ear.. Playing with it..

"All the best... I know you can do it..." I said and he drew me into a hug.. I hugged him tight... Savouring the moment, inhaling his smell... That is when I realised that he was wearing that jacket... The jacket he gave me that day...

Memories of our first meet came to my mind and I found myself blushing like a kid, giggling as I thought of how I had sent his phone number to Papa, so I couldn't be in danger... How stupid of me to think of the
man that would protect me till my last breath as a stalker?

"Kya hua?" He asked? Now his voice playful?

"Nothing.. Just.. You are wearing the jacket.." As soon as I said it, his confused face turned to a smirking face.

He suddenly pulled away from me, and began to remove the jacket.. As I watched in confusion, he switched it onto my back, making me wear the coat..

"Keep this with you... And whenever you miss me, wear this coat, it'll be me hugging you from behind.. Okay..?" He asked, his voice deep, and I rushed into his chest. His hands wrapped around me.. His heat consuming me..

This was life.... This was happiness...

Soon it was time for him to really go, and with s quick peck on my lips and forehead, he took the car and left, and I waved him bye till he was out of sight..

I hugged the coat tight and went inside happy...

This is my life.. And this is my happiness...

------------------------------------------------------ But little did she know that every happiness had a sadness attached to it....