40. A Murder Case??

Everything happened in a jiffy after that... After a few minutes Dhruvika was back to herself and she immediately called Kiran to inform him the news.

She then ran downstairs and went to her parents.. At first she couldn't frame the words into a sentence... It felt like a huge tough puzzle to her, but she managed to utter the words and make them aware of the situation.

Rithu came and hugged her, the young one's eye full of tears. It was a clear scene that showed how much the sisters loved him, one as a sister, one as a soulmate.

Soon his parents were also made aware of the situation, and everyone had met at the operation theatre. The red light of the room was on by the time Sanjay and his family reached the theatre.

Immediately on seeing them, Dhruvika ran to Karthika, providing her a shoulder, and Rithu was more than happy to be with her now favourite Hari uncle.

They waited at the theatre, waiting for the news. The news could be bad or good, they were still not sure about it, but there was the promise that Cherry gave her, that kept her hoping for the best.

  They had just met, and have only begun the journey of forever, he can't back out that soon. She wasn't going to let him.. Minutes passed, hours passed, and they still kept praying.

Sometime during the wait, a nurse rushed out from the room, and every eyes followed her as she ran around the corner, and came back with an aged doctor.

No one knew what was happening, no one had the strength to ask. The hallway again went to silence, apart from the silent breaths of the family and the silent sobs of the ladies.

Finally a doctor arrived from inside the room, removing his coat, and everyone rushed to his side.

"The patient had just undergone the operation. The bullets have been removed and his body is stitched at several places, but he is still unconscious, and we can't give you any assurance now. His pulse is still not steady, and Mr.Hari, if you could please join me for a minute?" The doctor said the last part directed to Hari, and him along with Sanjay followed the doctor.

The rest of them dropped back in their seats, continuing with the prayers.

Meanwhile the doctor was having a small talk with the parents.

"So I hope you are well aware of the situation, this is a murder attempt. Two of the bullets were aimed at his legs, and that was not very destructive. But the third one has been shot at his abdomen, to his right, just below the diaphragm." The doctor said, and Hari shifted in his seat.

"He had a severe bleeding, and his tissues are damaged, so we had to do the surgery quickly, and for cases like these we don't wait for permission, life saving is our main duty. But there are some formalities, and but there are some papers you need to sign. And haa, we were able to get the same blood as his, " The doctor said in his serious tone.

Hari seemed to be in some kind of a trance, frozen to his seat. His daughter had already left him, and he couldn't bear if his son too left him.

"Doctor how is his condition now?" Sanjay finally asked, curiosity getting the best of him.

"The officer, we cant say anything now. Usually a bullet in the abdomen Is fatal, but he has managed to drive himself to here from where we still have no clue about, and he passed out the moment he reached here. His heart has been failing considerably, and we now have it being checked. We can't say anything about him now, he could be gaining consciousness anytime after a few hours. But as to his condition then, that we have to wait. But from what I saw till now, he is a one good fighter." The doctor said, ending with a hope note.