36. I missed you!!

I started back to meet them, my 'family' as soon as I got out of the office. The fact still bothered me that I drank, I had never asked her whether she likes drinking.

It was past one when I finally reached their home, and on the way grabbed some garlic bread for dinner.

The house was completely silent, and peaceful, and I slowly knocked on the door. I had asked dadaji to leave it unlocked, and the door was indeed unlocked.

I slowly opened it and found the key on the backside of the door, on the keyhole and I locked it, placing the key on the main Hall where Dadaji had asked me to keep.

It was one good thing about the villages, there was no thievery and corruption, unlike the metro cities. No one could find you here... It was a good hideout...

I was about to turn and get onto the staircase, when I sensed movement inside the house, controlled by my investigative instincts, I began to walk towards the source of movement, and found light radiating from the room inside, which I remembered as the kitchen.

What is someone doing in the kitchen at this time of the night?

I reached out the nearby object I could see as a weapon and glanced inside the room, only to find there my gorgeous fiance.

She was opening and closing each of the cabins, as if searching for something and got out some flour. I guessed it would be good to watch her work. I set aside my spatula weapon and leaned onto the door, watching her cook.

She was wearing a light coloured salwar, her hair was in a messy bun, with a small strand of hair sticking into the side of her neck that was sticky with the sweat.

She took some bowls, broke the egg and pour its contents into two of those bowls, stirring it as she did . Her hands moved automatically not even stopping to think for once. She opened the jar having flour and mixed it with the egg along with something that I assumes to be salt.

She turned to her right to take 2 frying pans, and I almost thought that I got caught. But she seemed to be engrossed in the cooking, making herself oblivious to her surroundings.

That is when it strikes me? What was she doing here at this time of night? Was she hungry? But a why isn't a crazy - sleeper like her not cozy in her bed? Was she skipping food?

But suddenly her shoulders hunched forward, her head bending down in desperation. She fidget with the spoon, and turned around as if having some great thought enter her brain.

But her body stopped still as she came face to face with me, eye to eye.... I couldn't break the eye contact, and I looked on... It then hit me how much I had missed her, her face, her eyes..

Suddenly her eyes got clouded preventing me to gaze into that lovely eyes. I got stunned watching her unblinking eyes fill with tears...

Before I could think what was happening, she turned... Turned away from me, her hands going up in the air as to surrender... Her breathing quickened..

Was she hyperventilating... Was she daydreaming? She seemed to take some time, regaining her calm breath... Looking straight ahead...

I slowly moved forward and held her waist.. But suddenly she stilled, and produced a scream.. Which died in a few seconds as I pressed myself close to her...

Suddenly her heart rate quickened and her body gave a feeble shudder,and this was all that I needed to confirm that she was dreaming earlier but now realized its the real me...

"Sshh... Its just me... Its okay..." Slowly, her heart got normal and she turned within my hold to look at me..

We kept looking at each other... Lost in each others world...