18. With love, your Pathiji....

"Deeeeee... Udooo.." I woke up to the sound of Rithu screaming in my ears.

"Aaah.... What?? Why are you shouting early in the morning?" My ears really hurt. She was standing there, dressed and ready to go. What? I checked the clock to see the time as 9:20. Shitt!! Amma is going to kill me today.

"Early in the morning? You call this earl in the morning? " she demanded as she took my kaajal and began colouring her eyes. She looked beautiful, with her short hair and pretty eyes.

"Haa. But I'm tired, I slept late yesterday." I said as I backed down to my pillow, covering the duvet above my head.

"Thinking of Jeeju. Huh?" She teased and I smiled under the duvet, thankful that she cannot see me.

Yes she was right, I was thinking of him. The cafe and the help and the kiss... Thinking of them again bought back the knot in my pit. But I can't agree it to her,or else she will eat my head out.

"Nahi tho,.... I was just thinking of the huh designs for the boutique". I made up a lie, again grateful to be under the duvet. She can easily find out if I'm lying or not.

"Achchaaa..... OK... Believed." She said. Okay, so that means she hasn't believed my lie. "And ha, get up fast, Amma has been calling you since forever." She said, walking out of the room.

I slowly removed my duvet and checked my whatsapp. There were message from 5 persons and 1group. But my eyes shifted to just one person and I opened the chat.

R: Good morning, going out of town and wish me luck. (6:05)

R: Heloo..... Wake up sleeping beauty(6:40)

R: Good morning.... Come online.. (7:39)

R: Where are you, come back.. (8:45)

Oh my God, he was texting me since morning and here I am still in my duvet. But still I felt happy to see these messages. But he was offline.

D: I'm sorry, I slept off really late yesterday. Just up now, and good luck on the case. And.. Good morning.

I texted back, wishing that he was online. I ended up having a single grey tick and I got up to take my bath.

"Amma... Good morning... " I sang and rushed to Amma hugging her from behind and kissing her cheeks.

"Aye... What is this? Check the clock and see the time. Papa was asking to see you before he went. And here you are coming at 10:00" Amma scolded, still busy with cooking.

"Sorry ma, anyway its holiday for me, then what?" I defended, using my usual excuse that I use almost everyday.

"Kya sorry, you are going to be the daughter in law of a sasural in a few weeks. If you get up late in there, they are to talk about your parents huh! And what about your husband? Ram will be an early riser. And he might have to spend his all morning waking you up." I knew what she said was supposed to open my eyes or hurt me.

But on the opposite I felt happy. The concept of him and husband, was making me go weak. Happy, but weak. I checked my phone again, no reply. I felt sad, I can't even spend a few hours without him and now a few days was making me kill myself.

Soon me and Amma cleaned the house and I called Shikha to tell her everything that happened.

"Achchaa... So tell me what were you both doing from the kitchen yesterday." She asked and I flushed with happiness. I wanted to tell her everything, but not this. I don't want to share about our intimate moments. Was that even intimate? Yes, or no, that doesn't matter. These will be preserved in my heart, only for me to cherish.