15. Why did you steal my keys?

Hey friends... Do vote!!

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

I glanced between him and Shikha, confused as hell, as both of them looked down, guilt evident in their face. I once again zoomed in on the metal that lay in the teapoy.

It was indeed my key, but how come it is with him? Wasn't it supposed to be with Shikha? I mean, seriously, I had asked him from the parking lot and he said it is with Shikha. She had even called me to confirm, then how did this happen?

I felt like a fool, looking between two people, trying to figure out what was happening around me. I had to get an answer and I knew getting the answer from Shikha is like not getting an answer. The next option was him, but I was sure I would feel like an utter fool to him.

So I chose the final option, that is to march towards the kitchen, letting both of them reach on to any conclusion. So I gave both of them a last killer glance and went off to join aunty in the kitchen.

As soon as I took my first step I heard both curse at themselves. I ignored them, going onwards to the kitchen.

Aunty was pouring the tea into 4 cups.
She looked at me and gave me a warm smile and instantly I forgot that I was angry.

"Beta, could you please just ask him how many spoons of sugar he need?" She asked, turning her head back to the tea.

"Aunty just one spoon is fine." I said as I sat on the kitchen counter, next to her. She gave a an amused look, which made me regret what I said. Heat once again was pulled back on my cheeks.

"Acha, so you know everything well before marriage, huh?" She teased, stirring the contents in each cup and placing them on the tray.

I looked down, unable to hide my blush. Soon the tea was ready and she asked me to serve it to them. As we went towards the mainhall, we heard the sound of murmuring.

As soon as our arrival was announced by our footsteps, both went quiet, guilt still evident on their faces. I kept the tray on the teapoy and stood back. Aunty joined us and I went back to get the snacks from kitchen.

My anger was once again boosted after seeing their face. How could he steal my keys and trouble me this long? Why did he lie to me?

I took the biscuit box out of the case to find it empty. "Aunty, where have you kept the biscuits?" I shouted, getting angry.

"Beta, its in the red jar in the top shelf. If its kept in its usual place, this girl will eat it all at once so I had to hit it there" Aunty said and I couldn't help to hold my laugh.

I knew that Shikha would be rolling her eyes in there, because she is exactly like Rithu. Amma does the same thing in our house, to hide the biscuits from Shikha.

I reached out to the top shelf. It was too high for me, especially since I was bear footed. I looked around for a Stool or chair but found nothing. Great!

I leaped out for the handle. Come on open up! I reached out my fingers and finally got the shelf opened. Finally!! I was about to leap out in joy when I realized that the jar might be beyond my reach.

Should I call him for help? No, I shouldn't. He just stole my keys. I huffed. I began to pat the area of shelf that I had access to. Searching for the jar.

No way, I couldn't even feel any jar. I reached out, straining myself on my tiptoes. That was when a hand popped out right close to mine. Before I could even start to think who it was, I got a scent. The same scent as that of the coat.

I felt his hot breath on the back of my neck, sending goosebumps all over my body. I knew I had to move, but my feet wouldn't listen to me. Slowly I shifted my weight back to my feet and found myself pressed to his cold chest.