Estrella

Originally published in September-13-2015

Estrella: Pirates of the Caribbean

Forgotten Disney Characters

Estrella was a maid most notably employed in Port Royal in Governor Weatherby Swann's household, serving under both Governor Swann and his daughter Elizabeth Swann. It was Estrella and another maid who delivered a dress to Elizabeth in 1728 to wear during Captain James Norrington's promotion to commodore inside Fort Charles, though the dress would later cause Swann to faint and fall over the wall of the fort. Swann was rescued at the last minute and then threatened by notorious pirate Captain Jack Sparrow, who was later arrested.

Later that evening, Estrella placed a bed-warmer into Elizabeth's bed and discussed with her the events of that day—during which Elizabeth had been rescued and subsequently held hostage by Jack Sparrow— finally noting suggestively Elizabeth's affection for the young blacksmith apprentice Will Turner, rather than the newly-promoted Commodore James Norrington. Elizabeth told her off, saying it was too bold. Estrella apologized and left the room.

When the mansion was besieged by Hector Barbossa's crew, Estrella hid upstairs until Elizabeth entered. Estrella believed that the crew of the Black Pearl had come to kidnap her, likely for ransom, as she warned Elizabeth "you're the Governor's daughter". Following Elizabeth's advice, Estrella later fled the mansion, noticing the butler's corpse and screaming on the way out.

Her further fate is unknown.

Source: POTC Wiki

December-31-2020 Update: Updated and changed chapter with added information.