1. The Other Daughter

It was just the beginning of the winter. Snow storm in Dakshinpur never seemed to cease. Large flakes of snow were falling from the sky, like shimmering white gems. The tulips were the only ones seemed to be enjoying the weather to the peak. The wind howled, accentuating the slow howling of the hounds. Some of them were entering into the cave located deep into the forest.

Wearing a brown long fur coat on his bare chest, Shashi stepped on his wooden throne, inside the cave. He was feeling disgusted as he sat down; it had just come to his attention that his dear friend was killed. He needed information. He wanted to justify the situation. Resting his head on his palm, he stared at the hound that had just come across him. He was still staring at it when the hound changed its shape. First, its limbs grew, then forming its manly broad hip, abdomen and the chest. Its face turned took shape of a human only leaving the traces of its expression.

"Shashi," the hound turned man said, "You summoned me?"

"It's been two months Shourya," he said dangerously, "I do not believe I sent you out there for a long vacation, did I?"

The man looked around. There were few of the Shashi's minions standing behind him, their eyes fixed on him. His eyes sought for the woman he despised the most and was pleased when he didn't find her.

"There has been a trace of her in Pashchimgarh. I have already ordered my men to get more information about her."

"You do realize that she is very much required, don't you? Your efforts are not enough, Shourya. You proposed a brilliant plan to capture her brother and get information out of him. Only your highly appreciable thoughts are making me not to punish you for letting him escape."

"He was clever enough to flee, Shashi. His earthly power was extremely vigorous. He was able to form debris out of the prison."

"I do not like the way you are praising my enemy, Shourya"

"My apologies," he said quickly, "But I have to admit the Samagraha are growing much powerful by each day. Trained by doctor or not, the way Tanvir was killed is too appalling," said Shourya. He realized his was voice was shaky.

"That is the reason I summoned you," he said, "I need details Shourya. How did my dear friend, Tanvir, die?"

Shourya breathe heavily, "After the boy escaped, Tanvir came up to me and Anmol with an idea to lure the boys to Dakshinpur. And it worked. They followed Anmol through the water route. As soon as they reached Dakshinpur I met them and trapped them in the prison. Tanvir was already waiting for them. But he never expected the boys to be already well trained. His powers were not adequate against both of them together. Their team work was highly intriguing for which Tanvir had to the pay the price."

Shashi sneered. "Boys? I said I need details, Shourya."

"Hayden Mackay and Tyrell Kissler," said Shourya,

Shashi's face twitched. His eyes flew open and immediately filled with hatred.

"Hayden?" he asked, "Fire of vengeance?"

Shourya nodded.

"It's been only a few months since his stone unleashed. Never in the history can a Carnelian been mastered so easily. How did he become so powerful?"

"As per the information from Donovan Singer, he had been given proper training. One of the Samagraha, his companion, had been training him."

"Who?"

"Celina Hansley- The girl with power of Air. It is believed that she is very strong and very well trained to become a tough trainer."

"Aerokenisis, huh!" said Shashi, "Her parents would have been proud of her. What about Tyrell Kissler?"

Shourya took a long breath, "He is, Shashi, the only son of Victoria."

"My my!" exclaimed Shashi, "Son of Victoria. Yes, now I remember her mumbling few words about her son when she was about to die." He laughed and said, "What is his formation?"

"Lightning. Fulgurkenesis."

"I see. This keeps getting better. I should have had these information sooner.  Tell me about other Formation Samagraha. I suppose there is another one, isn't it?"

"Yes, Leena Savant-the girl with the power of water."

"Savant?"

"Swaraj, her real name Leena Swaraj."

"Give me a good news, Shourya," Shashi said, his curiosity rising, "Tell me what I think is true."

"Yes! She is Viraj Swaraj's daughter; his other daughter."

Shashi stood up swiftly as if he had been hit by a mind jolt. His face turned stern and he walked nearer to Shourya. Shourya couldn't look into his eyes. He was afraid he might lose his restrain and attack him anytime.

"Now, that one information really pleases me. I almost forgot about his other daughter. One a princess and other a Samagraha. You have given me an excellent break. Shourya, keep Zarina's great granddaughter aside for now. Find an appropriate way to bring the Princess and her Samagraha sister around. It's time for some payback."

"That is impossible Shashi," he said still having his eyes on something else at the corner, "Her grandfather is always around her. And you know he is capable of going lengths to save his children scions."

"Then make it possible. Her grandfather is the one who killed my mother. I might not find the better opportunity rather than this. I don't know how, when and where. Bring the Princess of Sharad and the Samagraha to me. Nothing could make me happier rather than dealing with them personally."    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you vidhu25 for editing my story.