18. Avenger

Hardik was swishing and hurling itself in the air over our heads. Five of us turning with its rotating direction, were clearly able feel one another's heart racing. Cool breeze tried to lift the tension that has been surrounding us but as quickly as I sensed the change in the odor, my nerves tingled and a sea of anxiety took all over my system.

Tyrell and Celina gazed at me, their eyes filled with terror. They seemed to be guessing the same as I was. Their hands were still tightly clasped, only now they stood closer, trying to sooth each other down. Pruthvi on the other hand was doing his best to get hold of Hardik. It swished down finally, falling fearfully into his hands. He rolled it up, then placing it into his fine grip.

Leena, who was standing next to me, glanced over my shoulder. Widening her eyes, she gasped out a shrill scream, cupping her mouth with both her hands.  

Her scream paralyzed me for a second. Unable to withhold my curiosity, I turned around. Temperature dropped more than ten degrees as I spotted Shashi Thribhuvan, with five the same men swooped towards us, his long open jacket trailing the snow behind with him. His face was crueler in the sunlight. He skimmed at five of us thoroughly before his eyes rested upon me, growing wider and sharper as if he wasn't able to believe I had escaped from terrors of the giant monster he let free.

Upon his shoulder, as I quickly recognized, was a girl in costly ethnic attire having her head lolled in unconsciousness. As I was watching, he threw her on the ground, creating a loud thud. She was Leena's look alike, Princess Lithika, her face totally green and she looked rather petite.

The men walking along with his were holding a body each. They threw them down simultaneously in the same fashion as Shashi. My eyes firstly sort for an older man, King Aghasthya, his silky white shirt, now drenched with blood, his black trousers torn at every possible areas. His hands were tied back with a rope and so were his eyes, closed with a filthy rag.   

"Ashwanth!" cried Celina.

Beside King Aghasthya, lying was a compact, thirty plus year old man, his skin completely green, seemed to be more lifeless. Tyrell still grabbing Celina by her wrist pulled her back from running towards her sick friend. Four other men, we hadn't seen before, were suffering with the same disease. My mind drifted towards Shourya. He was the one who had taken all the sick people away. He said it was for others safety. Was he lying? Did he just lend all of them to Shashi?

"So you escaped Agnidaanav," Shashi sneered gritting his teeth and looking daggers at me. "Although you might have experienced how death feels."

"What did you do to King Aghasthya?" I demanded feeling terrified watching him walk closer.

"You should bother about your friends, at this moment Hayden," he said as he looked over at Leena.

Glancing sideways at her, I found her not bothering about Shashi but her eyes totally stuck on her look alike. I wanted to scream and tell her they were sisters, that she has a living family, but this wasn't the time for any kind of family bonding. I can never forget the promise I gave it to Celina's uncle. Saving the people from the disease was my top priority right now.

"I am so pleased to see all the Formation Samagraha here," said Shashi and then his eyes shifted towards Pruthvi, "Son of a coward, find your sister yet?"

I heard a small gasp coming out of Pruthvi's mouth. He was standing right next to me, holding Hardik in his hands. I was clearly able to feel vibe radiating out of his body. He was getting angrier on Shashi mentioning his father as such.

"Did you?" he said, his words came out as a mock.

"Excuse me!" Shashi said in an angry tone.

I took a step forward, did my best to take his focus off my friend and rather placing it on me. "You have the Maiden's cup. Give it to me."