15. Confrontation

Sun dawned, brightening the hazy sky, with its crimson caress.

After the unexpected  gloom, it was supposed to be refreshing, but I couldn't feel it nor could both of my friends, as we stood surrounded by the workers in the bar. They were shocked, scared and cutoff, looking at us with hostility. We came across a strong man, part of an active resistance, nonchalantly snubbing Shashi's nose by running a bar, was no more.

There were raised voices and murderous intent all over us, lots of perpetual commotion. Celina had a glazed look as if she wasn't there. It was left to me and Tyrell to make these people believe that this had nothing to do with us. Well, actually it did, directly or indirectly, but we couldn't blurt everything out, could we?

I was as stupefied as Celina but hers was coupled with a deep gut wrenching grief. I could understand what she was going through. Her only family where she could have found love, was snatched right away. It was Tyrell who talked to the people more than me, answered all of their questions ingeniously, patted their ruffled feathers and hostility with a calm maturity I didn't know he had.

Finally it was the waiter, the one who ran away during the incident, made an unexpected appearance and saved us from all the hazzle. When he explained what had happened they had to let us go, even though some of them didn't want to.

I was standing outside with Tyrell, while Celina made final arrangements with the manager to take care of the bar and to provide a proper cremation ceremony for her uncle's body. They promised her that they would have one for him during the nights when they were sure Shashi and his men surely wouldn't bother them.

I wished she would stay for the ceremony. At the least, she deserved those final moments with her uncle. But she was totally against it.

"Do you think we are doing the right thing?" I asked Tyrell who was rubbing his hands trying to keep himself warm in the chilly morning.

"What do you mean?" he asked, knitting his brow.

"I mean we care for Celina as much as we do for Leena. We are not giving more importance to Leena and ignoring Celina, right?"

Tyrell smiled forlornly and said, "No Hayden, trust me. Celina will not be any better if anything happens to Leena. I know I shouldn't say this...her uncle is dead and isn't going to come back. But we can still save Leena and others."

I didn't say it loud but he seemed to be right. Leena was the only priority right now and I shouldn't forget the promise I gave to Celina's uncle about saving his people.

The door of the bar opened and Celina walked outside, looking like a lost soul.

"Is everything done?" I asked, in a clam voice.

She nodded. "Everything is done. We should go."

"Are you sure you want to..."

Tyrell gave a not so soft nudge on my shoulder before I could even complete my sentence.

"I am fine," she said faking a smile, "Let's go and save people from the virus."

I beamed at her.  She was one of the strongest girls, I ever knew. Tyrell was right. It was better if she came with us.

"So, where are we going next?" Tyrell asked, walking along Celina having his hand around her shoulder.

"We still need to find Shourya," I said, letting out a huge sigh, "Right now we know a lot of things, but we still don't know where the Maiden's cup is."

"So the journey continues?" he asked, sadly.

"The journey continues."

"I talked to the manager about Shourya," Celina said suddenly.